Jon Vilma suing Rogar Goodell

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
Nfl asked the judge to keep the case sealed. Nfl cut a check to the player union worth hundreds of millions of dollars

Casual fans are out today huh?

Haha, casual fan? Looking in the mirror now? Dealing with some of you posters is like talking to children. Ok, I said I didn't wanna get in a back and forth, so last time. That ruling lead to the lockout. There were no "checks cut". The Owners were gonna use that as a fallback, and they got a wakeup call. That's all that was. Then the lockout started, and shyt really got ugly. Stop trying to rewrite history.

You're an idiot if you really think the Players "won" the lockout. They did not. Again, that is not disputable. In case you don't understand what I'm saying, THE NFL & THE OWNERS WON THE LOCKOUT. That's what my point was in my first post, and that's my point now. Vilma won't win this lawsuit. Period.

FloorGeneral out...

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
The Well Respected Uptown,Virginia
Haha, casual fan? Looking in the mirror now? Dealing with some of you posters is like talking to children. Ok, I said I didn't wanna get in a back and forth, so last time. That ruling lead to the lockout. There were no "checks cut". The Owners were gonna use that as a fallback, and they got a wakeup call. That's all that was. Then the lockout started, and shyt really got ugly. Stop trying to rewrite history.

You're an idiot if you really think the Players "won" the lockout. They did not. Again, that is not disputable. In case you don't understand what I'm saying, THE NFL & THE OWNERS WON THE LOCKOUT. That's what my point was in my first post, and that's my point now. Vilma won't win this lawsuit. Period.

FloorGeneral out...

Players won all the court cases

Skins and boys will win there's next

Former players will win theres next on concussion

Mr swag in ...

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
So the lawsuit is being done independent of the NFLPA, which kinda makes sense. The NFLPA is stuck between a rock and a hard place, because how can they defend players that are accused of purposely trying to hurt other players?

Also:

adbrandt: Defamation requires Vilma proving Goodell knowingly made false statements. As Goodell told @SI_PeterKing "We have good lawyers too."

Being that it's basically impossible to prove what a person knew when they made a given statement, this whole thing is pointless. Just a publicity stunt.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
I'm sure vilma has players that retired like sharper who was in the lockeroom to say it wasn't true. With hangrove(sp) and Scott

All Goodell gonna do is say its true but not some anything proving it. Oh his done.

Brady-Carter

It is what it is..
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TDot
Players won all the court cases

This is not true.

May 16, 2011: The Eighth Circuit Court of Appeals issues a permanent stay on the injunction ruling by Nelson. The lockout is back on, and the majority opinion questions the validity of Nelson’s ruling. Suddenly, the owners have big-time leverage.

July 8, 2011: The 8th Circuit Court of Appeals handed down a surprise ruling -- in terms of timing, not the decision -- that the lockout is legal. It was a surprise because the owners and players were in the midst of such positive negotiations and both sides seemed to make progress up until the ruling came out.

2011 NFL Lockout Timeline - CBSSports.com

At this point in time, the players had a better deal in march 11, then then the deal they accepted. At this point in time..

Kaplan points out that, last March, the players walked away from a proposal that would have guaranteed $146 million per team in 2012, $150 million per team in 2013, and $161 million per team in 2014. (Actually, the document created by the owners in March 2011, a copy of which PFT has obtained, showed a minimum of $148 million in 2012 and $155 million in 2013.) NFLPA executive director DeMaurice Smith called that offer the “worst deal in the history of sports,” in part because of the gross reduction in the players’ take and in part because the formula included no portion of the league’s financial upside.

“Worst deal in the history of sports” suddenly looks pretty good | ProFootballTalk

Now the Big L the players took in regards to the Saints bounty case. Is not collective bargaining a 3rd party panel for appeals.

O.iatlhawksfan

Devoted Joel Embiid hater
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans
The thing is vilma doesn't want to settle unless he misses no games. He wants the edvince out there? Which is fair. Is this snitch even credible?

I don't think it's about him missing games I think it's about him losing his salary this year. If I was him I'd get as much money as I can.

Daps
:smh: that will never, ever happen. Was reading something from Peter King a few weeks back about this (Bountygate), and he brought up a good point: he was talking to Roger before the lockout, and he (King) brought up something about the players suing the league. Goodell just looked at him and said: "you know, we have pretty good lawyers too".

The NFL won then (the lockout), and they'll win this too. This lawsuit will be a mosquito on his (Goodell's) neck.

That's Apple's and Oranges.

The players suing during a lockout would do NOTHING to stop the lockout, cuz even if the league was losing, they'd make drag it out so long that no games would be played (same as a lockout) so the players had no leverage there.

This is very different.

Mr swag

We Out Here
Daps
Reppin
I don't think it's about him missing games I think it's about him losing his salary this year. If I was him I'd get as much money as I can.

That what I meant as in getting checks

So Vilma wants to serve people at McDonalds then, cause he gonna get blackballed.

Skins and cowboys will pick him up. We don't do Secret handshake :shaq:

Lucky_Lefty

Dreams Are Colder Than Death...
Daps
Reppin
Purgatory
Can't remember the show but on xm this morning they had a lawyer who said that Vilma has a strong chance of getting them to show the evidence on top of either getting his suspension reduced or some of his salary due to a provision the nflpa and the league had about anything that happened the day before the new cba was signed that the league couldn't do somethin. No bs, I wish I was paying attention but that part I did catch