Jon Moxley On Why He Bleeds So Often In His Matches

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
At least Mox does it to himself and nobody else

As opposed to some Abdullah The Butcher shyt, randomly slicing his opponents with blades taped to his fingers

Abby needed his big rolly polly ass beat for that shyt no kayfabe

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
– During the latest edition of The Extreme Life of Matt Hardy, Matt Hardy discussed the issue of blood in wrestling, how Jon Moxley does it, and more. Below are some highlights (via Fightful):

Matt Hardy on if there’s too much blood in AEW: “I do think there’s an issue for saying there’s too much bleeding on the show. I think bleeding and blood is best when it’s used in the correct spaces and not every single week. It doesn’t need to be done too often because that’ll kind of kill it. That hurts its effect as well. When blood happens in certain scenarios, it means so much more.”

On Jon Moxley’s logic for showing blood: “That’s my general opinion of blood in pro wrestling, generally. Apparently, with Jon, he’s doing this thing as far as with the BCC, so that’s his thing. He’s in there, there’s violence, and he bleeds a lot, and that’s his preference, and that’s what he wants to do, I guess. For me, I wouldn’t want to do that every single week because I think, once again, that kind of minimizes the value of bleeding.”

Hardy on why blood shouldn’t be overdone in wrestling: “I just think blood is one of the few things in wrestling that shouldn’t be overdone. I feel like it means so much more when it is done in specific scenarios, and it’s a little bit of a sparse, special thing. If someone wants to go out there and they want to gig every single week, go nuts. If someone wants to go out there and have a death match every single week, go nuts. If someone wants to go out there and have a classic chain wrestling match every week, go nuts. I don’t care what you do. That’s your stance, that’s your choice. If there’s people that enjoy that, then great. It is what it is. But I’m just talking about my personal preferences on all these issues.”