Jon B calls Gunna and Chloe's new song sampling They Don't Know ratchet and wishes it never came out

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
So it wasn’t cleared before they released it? Who has the right to clear it, not Jon B?

If that’s the case then did they just drop it, hope it became a hit, and then try to force it to get cleared?

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Gen Z do the worst sampling ever. How you have the blue print from the originators that perfected it before and now you can't get 1 song done right sampling? :mjlol:

Gunna a whole ass zesty fakkit. shyt is reflected in the mafukkas that listen to his music.

The Burger King

Fast Food Gangsta
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
East Whopper City
Racial aspect aside, I have noticed a lot of artists taking the lazy route to getting a hit by sampling classics and delivering an underwhelming outcome.

And some of the tracks aren’t even terrible, but like God damn, if you’re gonna sample classics your shyt can’t be mid.

It’s like they hook you in with the samples and then give a half-assed attempt to keep your attention. :scust:

Cheese McNair

Bought it this morning, drive it like I stole it
Daps
So it wasn’t cleared before they released it? Who has the right to clear it, not Jon B?

If that’s the case then did they just drop it, hope it became a hit, and then try to force it to get cleared?

I think in some cases, the artist that’s sampling, just talk with the label the song is from.

It’s a respect thing to at least reach out to the artist of the song your sampling, regardless if they own it or not