Johnny Depp is The People's Choice for "Favorite Movie Icon"

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Just found this interview he did with Charlie Rose a few years back.... Anyway at the mark Johnny says a long time ago Marlon Brando asked him how many films a year does he do and he told him probably about 3 and Marlon was like that's too much, "we only have so many faces in our pockets" :wow:

Starts at the 3:26 mark

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
I don't get why he don't work with somebody like Scorsese. Stop trying to only do movies with intriguing roles, but do movies with both great roles and great scripts as well.

A great role is incomplete without a great script/screenplay.

Bruh could still do so many great movies yet he chooses to do a bunch of bullshyt.

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
Do you remember a movie called The Tourist? That movie not only threaten to kill Johnny Depp's career, but Angelina Jolie's career too. Since 2010,Depp has been in 14 movies (not counting cameos) and my opinion, the last Pirates movie,Rango and Black Mass are the only good ones that he has starred in.

jay211

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Johnny Depp is an INCREDIBLE ACTOR. (Blow, Donnie Brasco, Edward Scissor hands, Pirates, Public Enemies, Black Mass etc) Yes, he needs to look at working with top notch directors in the future. But his acting in BLACK MASS was A-1. Unfortunately the story did not support the excellence he brought. I'm intrigued by him taking Russel Poole role in the Biggie/2pac movie. He needs to get Scorcese or Denis Villenue on the horn for his next project though.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
Do you remember a movie called The Tourist? That movie not only threaten to kill Johnny Depp's career, but Angelina Jolie's career too. Since 2010,Depp has been in 14 movies (not counting cameos) and my opinion, the last Pirates movie,Rango and Black Mass are the only good ones that he has starred in.

I forgot about The Tourist :scust:

I'll never get the Coli's/sohhs hate for Depp

One of the most versatile actors our generation, imo.

Bruh, I'm a fan of his. He's 1 of my favorite actors. But he's been in a lot of shytty movies and it's a shame because he's just wasting his talent by picking a lot of the movies he's in.

Johnny Depp is an INCREDIBLE ACTOR. (Blow, Donnie Brasco, Edward Scissor hands, Pirates, Public Enemies, Black Mass etc) Yes, he needs to look at working with top notch directors in the future. But his acting in BLACK MASS was A-1. Unfortunately the story did not support the excellence he brought. I'm intrigued by him taking Russel Poole role in the Biggie/2pac movie. He needs to get Scorcese or Denis Villenue on the horn for his next project though.

Yeah. I agree 100%; especially the part about Black Mass not supporting the performance he gave. But I'm interested in seeing how the Labyrinth movie will be.

And yeah, that's what I'm saying, he needs somebody like Scorsese for his next movie.