John Woo is remaking 'The Killer' with Lupita

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Don't really have any expectations.

John Woo's best work is from HK. His American/West market movies were toned down on violence and had much less of a grimy feel than his original work. Making them just another action films that Hollywood is full of.

The Raid series is the closest we have from a non-Woo director that has that "shyt about to get down in here" feel to it, like Woo movies had.

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
Real talk, if movie directors are so desperate to do remakes and all that, then make a proper Max Payne movie (not that Wahlberg trash)

The game was pretty much inspired by Woo films. It has excellent plot, they made New York look grimy with nasty hotels, creepy underground stations, cold winter storm, the bad guys were scummy as hell and the action was there. It's one of those video games that feels like you watching a movie while playing. It would be a great mix of Die Hard, The Raid and Woo's Hong Kong action films.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
10 minutes in .. They been needing to stop the idea that highly trained but light weight female can beat up a 250 lb man.

Kill? yes. Absolutely. Bullet, blade, poison etc.

But manhandle a bruiser? C'mon John!

Meanwhile Fincher had Fassbender damn near dying in his fight.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I tried watching this film but didn't get past the first hour.

With the original, I remember the lines, the shooting, the slo mo. This film feels like a generic French action movie. Nothing iconic about the remake

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
it was trash and i'll say again trash. It was just like a episode of lupin :mjlol: just felt like that nikka lupin was playing a cop role

Blackfyre

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Earthrealm
I need to rewatch the original but I found this to be decent action flick; both Omar Sy and Nathalie Emmanuel were entertaining and charming.