John Woo is remaking 'The Killer' with Lupita

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This could be dope because of Lupita and since John woo is directing, I’m hoping he has a completely different take from the one he did before. The killer was never one of my favs cause it’s crazy nihilistic and maybe I wasn’t in the mood for that when I saw it and should give it another go.

The real problem is, what’s the last good movie John woo has made?

Daps
Reppin
St louis
come on wit it!!

:whoo:

wat6rr.jpg

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
This could be dope because of Lupita and since John woo is directing, I’m hoping he has a completely different take from the one he did before. The killer was never one of my favs cause it’s crazy nihilistic and maybe I wasn’t in the mood for that when I saw it and should give it another go.

Homie fell off. I say Face/Off was his last good one :whoa: I know it's considered trash but I enjoyed that shyt.

He's got Manhunt coming out on Netflix that looks interesting but it most likely doesn't have the soul of his earlier heroic bloodshed movies.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Homie fell off. I say Face/Off was his last good one :whoa: I know it's considered trash but I enjoyed that shyt.

He's got Manhunt coming out on Netflix that looks interesting but it most likely doesn't have the soul of his earlier heroic bloodshed movies.

The Matrix made Woo redundant.

The cat was out of the bag, as long as you get the right people to do the fight choreograph and stunts (Get the HK guys) what he doing was no longer ground breaking like it had been in the mid 80's and early 90's.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

The cat was out of the bag, as long as you get the right people to do the fight choreograph and stunts (Get the HK guys) what he doing was no longer ground breaking like it had been in the mid 80's and early 90's.

I realized that when Shoot Em' Up came out. :dead:

Even South Korean action films are starting to bite his style of gunfight fukkery.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Overrated actress

And stop remaking classics

It’s his movie so truthfully he can do what he wants breh

Face off is the last movie of his I enjoyed front to back and the one I still quote.

Pretty much :russ:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps

The first Red Cliff movie? That was a decade ago :dead:

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
:francis:

Sad shyt? I’m more impressed with every other name attached to this than John woo. And that’s a travesty. This is the dude who made hard boiled I should be hype for anything he does.

He really did all of his best work before 2000.

My top 5 from him is:
  1. A Better Tomorrow
  2. The Killer
  3. Face-Off
  4. Bullet in the Head
  5. Hard Boiled
Man, HK cinema and TV really fell off after the 2000s. So many gems from that era. We'll never get that kind of creativity and risk taking from HK ever again.