John Witherspoon Has Passed Away (1942-2019): RIP Pops

Soymuscle Mike

Formerly known as Vincenzo Corleone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sweetlake City
Yeah he’s not wrong either. We talk about it then we just move on

This is life though. When my pops died I had to deal with my friends/his friends moving on before we did as well. It sucks but the internet is just a reflection on a bigger scale, like a funhouse mirror or something.

Some people die in complete anynomity. Take anyone who appreciates you or your loved ones even if it's for a second as a positive, life is short for EVERYONE.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sad to hear about John Witherspoon's passing.
He was lowkey one of the funniest men in America in every role he played. Sometimes you feel like every black family had a "John Witherspoon" character, which made him really relatable. He was one of the GOAT "black dad" actors and was great in the Boondocks, the Wayans Brothers, and especially Friday.

"You win some, you lose some, but you live to fight another day." :wow:

One role that stuck out to me though was his bit in Hollywood Shuffle (underrated movie).

Peace to his family and close friends. Hope they're doing alright :to:

Carolina Slim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh by way of Crooklyn
Does pops have any underrated movies or scenes? Besides the known stuff (Friday, Boomerang, Boondocks)

There's Talking Dirty After Dark that he did with Martin Lawrence back in the day. I don't even remember if it was released in theaters.

He was funny in Soul Plane too, I just found out that the woman he was sitting next to in the movie was his real life wife.