John Witherspoon Has Passed Away (1942-2019): RIP Pops

8====D

¡Vamos Spurs Vamos!
Daps
Reppin
210 | 334
Rest easy John Witherspoon!

Your stand-up comedy was FLAWLESS! I watch Friday every time it comes on! You taught some real life lessons in that movie - with quality comedy!

"You win some. You lose some. But you live. . .you live to fight another day!"

Gone but never forgotten.

BANG BANG BANG BANG!

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
If you grew up in a Black Household in the 70's, 80's and yes even 90's in the United States then I don't see how this man didn't have an impact. He was on so many of our Classic Television Shows and Movies it's ridiculous. Damn man, "Last Friday" without John, I don't know anymore. Sad sh!t. Rest in Glory John, true Legend and did so much for Black Entertainment. So many characters and parts that were memorable. Amazing talent and Man.
Unless he filmed for Last Friday the Friday franchise is done for me

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Lawd PLEASE tell me Pops recorded Boondocks!!! :damn:

And Cube been playing with that Friday. Man you can’t fool around with life you gotta collaborate with creatives whiles here still here.

You win some, you lose some, but you still live to fight another day :to:

Cube gonna start juelzing hard in any interview now "we were just talking about it. I was just getting started again"

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A lot of years in the game from bit roles in the Richard Pryor Show, Whats Happening, Good Times until he finally caught on and it was legendary from there on out. Definitely one of my favorite comedians/actors. Even in small parts like Soul Plane he would always kill it with memorable performances. Basically the star of Black Jesus. Funny, funny, funny!

Salute to the gawd :salute: