Joel Embiid Believes He Could Have Been the GOAT

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

* Embiid believes his injuries have prevented him from being part of the greatest-of-all-time conversation for basketball players.
* He acknowledges the "hot take" potential of his statement but stands by it based on his accomplishments and what could have been.

other gems from the interview

He felt pressured by France to play for them and ultimately chose the USA because he'd spent more time there and felt comfortable with their approach of letting him take his time with the decision.
* He expressed frustration with the historical and current relationship between France and Cameroon, which influenced his decision.

* Embiid has dealt with multiple coaching changes, player turnover, and injuries during his time with the 76ers.
* He blames himself partly for not winning a championship due to injuries and not always performing at his peak.
* He emphasizes the value of continuity and stability, which the 76ers haven't always had.
* Despite the frustrations, Embiid expresses his love for Philadelphia and seems open to staying there long-term. (He jokingly says he doesn't eat cheesesteaks, though!)

summary of entire interview below

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
Define bytchmade :patrice:

Plenty of GOATS are sensitive
He lacks the drive and motivation to be a GOAT on top of being emotionally weak needed to be in the GOAT conversation. Even he admits it in not always playing up to his peak. Other GOATs are sensitive in a completely different way, but you wouldn't question their mental will like we do in the case of someone like Embiid.

Him being healthy wouldn't change those flaws about himself.

I will always give him credit though for defending Simmons publicly as long as he did even when he had every reason to throw him under the bus.

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He lacks the drive and motivation to be a GOAT on top of being emotionally weak needed to be in the GOAT conversation. Even he admits it in not always playing up to his peak. Other GOATs are sensitive in a completely different way, but you wouldn't question their mental will like we do in the case of someone like Embiid.

Him being healthy wouldn't change those flaws about himself.

I will always give him credit though for defending Simmons publicly as long as he did even when he had every reason to throw him under the bus.
You know you didn’t answer my question. Lol

Also we could probably look at the GOAT list. At some point each one was questioned mentally.

Is Shaq a GOAT to you?

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
You know you didn’t answer my question. Lol

Also we could probably look at the GOAT list. At some point each one was questioned mentally.

Is Shaq a GOAT to you?
A GOAT that could and should have accomplished more if he wasn’t so mentally weak and lazy at certain points in his career.

Even then, Shaq for the most part played well when it mattered which is a knock that could be used against Embiid by his own admission.

• Dap
Reactions: OsO

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
My dawg got the nba offseason lit this summer. Quotables every week

yall welcome :ahh:
My boy is an endless money glitch, nikkas getting bags on Twitter to mention his name :dead:

I saw people posting that Biden won the presidency served his term and stepped down before Joel has reached a conference finals, shyt had like 20k likes lmao