‘Jobs may disappear’: Nearly 40% of global employment could be disrupted by AI, IMF says

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
So has AI took your job yet :mjlol:

It has to have taken some industries down like copy writing. Why ain't we hearing shyt though?

How is googles search business not in the drain?

Tech that needed programmers should be down sizing.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It has to have taken some industries down like copy writing. Why ain't we hearing shyt though?

How is googles search business not in the drain?

Tech that needed programmers should be down sizing.
So again… has it taken all the jobs people have said it would?

Like you said, so far the only “tech” jobs it’s taken are the ones where you copy and paste shyt

• Dap
Reactions: MMS
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I work as a financial planner for a major wall street firm. In my personal experience, AI hasn’t taken anybody’s job yet but it def has put a freeze on hiring new people. I was supposed to hire a 3rd assistant to take my calls this yr & was instead told to have my 2 current assistants utilize the firms new AI tool to streamline their tasks so they have more time to answer the phones for my clients.

This is bullshyt & part of why I’ve decided to leave the firm. High net worth individuals & business are not paying me thousands each yr to deal with a glorified chat bot 🤦‍♂️

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
It’s coming, why would I employ a person when ai could do the work without rest, vacation days, and can work 24/7. I’m not a tech breh so I don’t know the time line but it’s for sure coming.
Because the economy requires consumers. No jobs=no money=no consumers=economic collapse :francis:

This is why I say they won't let AI go that far.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
Because the economy requires consumers. No jobs=no money=no consumers=economic collapse :francis:

This is why I say they won't let AI go that far.

the thing about capitalism is that greed and self-interest is revered as being the the way to success. companies who choose to hire less so that they can keep more profit aren't thinking about the economy as a whole,they'll justify their decision by believing some other business will be the sucker who will employ the workers that they'll able to sell goods and services to. acting in their own self-interest like they always have, we could very well enter a doom loop cycle of people gradually having less disposable income to no income at all and businesses having few customers to keep the lights on so they go out of business.

AI development is accelerating fast and they'll absolutely let it go that far because whoever gets to AGI can leapfrog any competitor or country in terms of technological advancement.

Last edited:

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the think about capitalism is that greed and self-interest is revered as being the the way to success. .
Which is largely why anyone that is enlightened ends up tuning out of the system. At some level you are compromising yourself for an ideal of success that is compromised itself.

We're are not all going to win at capitalism and we are not all meant to. I think there is more power in learning to be self sustaining more and more in life to take back some of that power from capitalism. We start with food, energy consumption our living footprint and onward to depend less on buying and more on what we can do for self. Take back some value in our current tax bracket as opposed to always aiming to make more just to spend more.

If I was blessed with millions I'm going right to designing communities that encourage people to grow food and trade skills bring back a healthy level of battering, inter communal living. Encourage entrepreneurship. We gave too much power to corporations and resigned to being consumers we don't do shyt but work to spend

Spence

Superstar
Daps
70% of our entire GDP is all of us commoners just buying shyt. That’s not easily replaced overnight, I wonder what UBI is going to look like :beli:

Spence

Superstar
Daps
There cant be UBI if no one is working to pay taxes to support it
Oh the government would def still tax UBI somehow. But our entire American business model relies on money circulation, you cut off the dollar flow and have AI take all the jobs, how the fk are corporations still making money in the same amounts? :manny:

bnew

Veteran
Daps