Jim Ryan: "Sony's partnership with Square Enix has never been stronger"

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Seems like they are cool with the arrangement, no Zion :yeshrug:

https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/... 41,315 million yen, down 17.6% year-on-year.

:mjcry:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Atlus/Sega are quickly finna realize its shyt lmao
They probably already did
That money spend good everywhere :banderas:

BabyishSpanishFreshwatereel-max-1mb.gif

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
https://techraptor.net/gaming/news/square-enix-announces-declining-financial-results-planning-multiple-new-games-including#:~:text=Today%20Square%20Enix%20announced%20its%20financial%20results%20for,income%20was%2041%2C315%20million%20yen%2C%20down%2017.6%%20year-on-year.

:mjcry:

FF 16 better not "flop" in squares eyes :francis:

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I still feel Square is making a mistake by taking Sony moneyhats. I think they're leaving a lot of money on the table skipping PC market. The bulk of revenue made in gaming is the first month, and I feel releasing later on PC takes away the FOMO effect, so PC market just waits for a sale or doesn't care for the game anymore.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No one cares at this point, :mjlol: They basically acquired as far as anything really worth having coming to xbox. Might as well makem 1st party.

Meanwhile Atlus/ Sega and Xbox are "developing a strong partnership" :wow:
Why doesn’t Xbox get Sega to drop another Otogi or Panzer Dragoon Orta?

I was just talking to my older brother about the first gen Xbox and their exclusives. That’s what Phil and company need to channel, that mentality got me into their brand when ps2 was dominating.

shyt they had Jade Empire, KOTOR, Ninja Gaiden:wow:

Pains me to type this but damn

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I still feel Square is making a mistake by taking Sony moneyhats. I think they're leaving a lot of money on the table skipping PC market. The bulk of revenue made in gaming is the first month, and I feel releasing later on PC takes away the FOMO effect, so PC market just waits for a sale or doesn't care for the game anymore.

Sony is compensating because they want to sell consoles

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sony is compensating because they want to sell consoles
It's a smart move by Sony because FF games sell consoles. On Square's end, I don't think it's a smart move for them because they're losing growth on other platforms. Plus, they're still doing complaints about missing sales projections

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's a smart move by Sony because FF games sell consoles. On Square's end, I don't think it's a smart move for them because they're losing growth on other platforms. Plus, they're still doing complaints about missing sales projections
They never complained of course once again people take what they said out of context and keep quoting that imran shyt.

But whatever, im sure the next FF7 or KH game won’t be exclusive because yall know better than them lol

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
They never complained of course once again people take what they said out of context and keep quoting that imran shyt.

But whatever, im sure the next FF7 or KH game won’t be exclusive because yall know better than them lol
sqaure is pretty much the only dev/publisher taking these types of deals anymore.

Everyone else has realized the value of building and maintaining an audience.

Square let sony prevent their new multiplayer game from coming out on PC when sony themselves aren’t even making their multiplayer games “exclusive” :francis:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
sqaure is pretty much the only dev/publisher taking these types of deals anymore.

Everyone else has realized the value of building and maintaining an audience.

Square let sony prevent their new multiplayer game from coming out on PC when sony themselves aren’t even making their multiplayer games “exclusive” :francis:

Square just didnt want you to play their games, will let you know how good rebirth is in Jan