Jim Carrey's 94/95 run is like pac's 96 run (whos got a better run than jim)

Daps
nah breh.... nobody really considers eyes wide shut, magnolia, mi 2, vanilla sky or last samurai as classics.. these movies are never brought up besides that wild sex joint

his run stopped with jerry and picked back up at collateral... still an amazing run from 88-97
Where do i write mi2 was a classic? And who are the people that dont think eyes wide shut, magnolia or vanilla sky were really entertaining movies? Cuz i am sure their opinions on movies are shaky as fuk

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Vanilla Sky is universally panned but Magnolia is well respected though its his MI films and how they keep getting better somehow thats impressive right now. Tom Cruise. Denzel. Pacino. Will. De Niro. Jim Carey. Eddie Murphy. All these guys had great runs. Denzel and Tom are still going. Im talking commercial success with over 10 movies spanning over a decade. For the ladies. Theron has been on a 20 year run herself.....and I can make arguments for Kidman and Roberts. They killed the 90s. Leo dosent put in as much work but he's been on a slow run his entire damn life since he was a little kid.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Where do i write mi2 was a classic? And who are the people that dont think eyes wide shut, magnolia or vanilla sky were really entertaining movies? Cuz i am sure their opinions on movies are shaky as fuk
this thread is about people having classic runs... so if you're listing movies, pretty much only put down ones, that are considered classic... anybody can have an "entertaining movie" run... we talking bout the classics

vanilla sky was pretty much trashed by everyone... critics to fans.. mi2 was considered a convoluted mess and trash, which is why they redeemed it with 3... magnolia i'll give you.. critics loved that joint.. eyes wide shut was another "what the fukk you doing Tom" type of movies

i'd consider some good... but in no way would i put those up with his classics... risky business and top gun could easily be in that list tho

Daps
this thread is about people having classic runs... so if you're listing movies, pretty much only put down ones, that are considered classic... anybody can have an "entertaining movie" run... we talking bout the classics

vanilla sky was pretty much trashed by everyone... critics to fans.. mi2 was considered a convoluted mess and trash, which is why they redeemed it with 3... magnolia i'll give you.. critics loved that joint.. eyes wide shut was another "what the fukk you doing Tom" type of movies

i'd consider some good... but in no way would i put those up with his classics... risky business and top gun could easily be in that list tho
just because critics hated the movie doesnt mean its bad, vanilla sky was a dope movie in my book. Why u keep harping about MI2 I do not know, I stated very early it and interview were the only flix on the list that were :patrice:. If the critics were confused by eyes wide shut or felt it was not your typical tom cruise movie thats on them doesnt mean it wasnt a great movie. Sounds like you need affirmation from critics to inform your thoughts:ld:
Didnt see those :yeshrug: I guess it ends with war of the worlds.. Tom.did his job but it was a mediocre movie :francis:
speilberg + cruise in a movie version of an adapted book that had 2 dope tv series?you are being too kind

Last edited:

PoorAndDangerous

Superstar
Daps
Lol 2 pages and no one mentions one of the greatest to ever do it..

Rain man(88)
Born on the 4th(89)
Days of thunder(90)
A few good men(92)
The firm(93)
Interview with the vampire(94)
MI(96)
Jerry mcguire(97)
Eyes wide shut(98)
Magnolia(99)
MI 2(2000)
Vanilla sky(2001)
Minority report(2002)
Last samurai(03)
Collateral(04)

Sans interview and MI2 dude was releasing classics practically yearly:whew:until war of worlds:francis:
I came in here to say cruise as well.i personally liked war of the worlds. I like apocalyptic fukkery