Jerry Jarrett Has Died (1942-2023)

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
For some reason I thought Jerry had already passed :dwillhuh:

Dude is one of the most influential people from the late territory years. People overlook Memphis but the amount of hall of fame level talent that went there and basically learned how to hone their craft is pretty astonishing. Weirdly, one of his most creative and easy to copy moves was never quite duplicated: having the book just half and a year and letting other people (in his case, Jerry Lawler) get the book so shyt wouldn't get repetitive or stale.

And in a later life move, he was the one behind TNA being created.

I was casually with watching wrestling, was Memphis a big deal ? Like training wise etc

FluffyEyes

Mrs. Boss Lady
Daps
Rest in Peace to Jerry. Definitely an influential character in the history of wrestling.

motionlessZombie

All Star
Daps
RIP. The only thing I knew about him was that he was the co-founder of TNA. I learned more about him through Jim Cornette's podcast. A legend in the business.

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
I was casually with watching wrestling, was Memphis a big deal ? Like training wise etc
Memphis was never a considered a big deal natiionally because it was very local AND the pay was famously low (so wrestlers didn't paint it as a big deal working there).

But as a territory it was incredibly succesful and resiliant in large part because Jerry Jarret was a great promoter and both Fargo and Lawler were great achors/aces.

They weren't a school per se (as Stampede un Canada) but they hace a spot to a bunch of promiding young talent that ended yo being stars in the 80's and 90's .