Jaylen Brown: "I called White right away so there wouldn't be any confusion." Says Nike is "for sure" blackballing him.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
:manny:

@UpAndComing @Raquinotj @GOAT @SchoolboyC @Avisible Man

"Boston Celtics star Jaylen Brown said he called teammate Derrick White to make sure there was no "confusion" after Brown was critical of USA Basketball for not offering him a spot on Team USA.

Brown, named Finals MVP for the champion Celtics last month, was left off the original roster for the national team and was again passed over as a potential replacement for Kawhi Leonard in favor of White.

"I called Derrick right away," Brown told reporters Monday during the Celtics' summer league game vs. the Lakers in Las Vegas. "Just to make sure there's no confusion, my love for you and all of that. He knew that, and he did. You don't always gotta make everything public. Me and D-White are good."

"I do for sure," Brown said Monday in response to a question about whether he believes Nike played a role in him not making Team USA. "They'll be more stuff to come with that but as of now I'm not going to comment on it."

Team USA director Grant Hill denied Nike had a say in the decision last week, saying it was a difficult choice but White was the right call for the team.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
Nike headquarters in white ass Portland and those cacs do nothing but passive aggressive racism trying to make nikkas look crazy when they call them out :camby: no mystery why a lot of major headquarters are out there, you won't find a cac who grew up there that isn't on code, I got nothing but venom for PDX locals :pacspit: I wanted to burn that whole city down when a restaurant told me they didn't know how to serve sweet tea :mjtf: :camby:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why didnt Derrick White call him and say "You cool with me taking this spot on Team U.S.A big homie? Feels like they doing you dirty champ:patrice:?"

He probably didnt think twice about how Jalen might feel about the snub. Sometimes its best to just say nothing,you find out more that way. There were people I stopped calling to check up on,just to see if they would ever bother calling me outside outside of times of need. Its something real funny about this Celtics team. Cant put my finger on it,so I digress so not to create a narrative:respect:

JoelB

All Praise To TMH
Daps
Reppin
PHI 2 ATL
Knew it from jump he probably contacted White

@JoelB
is somewhere sobbing
The VP of the players association gave a politically correct response....:yawn:

JB will show his true feelings on the court this season. Team Chemistry -20

mPVqyA8.png

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
There's no way y'all are claiming it's racist to leave Jaylen Brown off a team that literally only contains black players......The coaches didn't want another dude with an ego on the team and wanted an elite shooter, defender, floor spacer and role player instead.

I could see why JB would be aggrieved given he's the reigning NBA Champion and FMVP but this conspiracy shyt is wack.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
They should just have Jaylen come in, make him dribble with his left hand for 20 minutes so he can disqualify himself from the team, and be done with it

After this post season, we need something new. The left hand jokes aint enough no more. :yeshrug:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
There's no way y'all are claiming it's racist to leave Jaylen Brown off a team that literally only contains black players......The coaches didn't want another dude with an ego on the team and wanted an elite shooter, defender, floor spacer and role player instead.

I could see why JB would be aggrieved but this conspiracy shyt is wack.
Racist?

We shytting on Nike for being petty and :mjpls: towards HIM. He called their bullshyt out and they :mad: and flexing their power.