Jay Z's "Tidal" Streaming Service Launches at $9.99 or $19.99/month; NO free ad-supported plan

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Do artists now drop albums out of the blue like Magna Carta? YES
Does Billboard now report downloads and streams because of Magna Carta? YES

Magna Carta did changed the game for everyone.

:camby:Hov Haters.

Magna Carta was dropped out the blue ? :dwillhuh: im pretty sure I saw a million commercials for it

a_560x375-jpg.gif

billboard was counting downloads and streams a year before Magna Carta dropped

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Magna Carta was dropped out the blue ? :dwillhuh: im pretty sure I saw a million commercials for it

a_560x375-jpg.gif

It was released out of the blue for an artist like Jay-Z. There was no huge single or promotional run, just a commercial of him in the studio during NBA Playoffs and the video of him rapping in the Museum.

And actuallly no they weren't. Magna Carta was the first album to include the million downloads in his first week sales. They even did a whole article about it in the Magazine with Hov on the cover.
billboard-jay-z.jpg

Nice try.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It was released out of the blue for an artist like Jay-Z. There was no huge single or promotional run, just a commercial of him in the studio during NBA Playoffs and the video of him rapping in the Museum.

And actuallly no they weren't. Magna Carta was the first album to include the million downloads in his first week sales. They even did a whole article about it in the Magazine with Hov on the cover.
billboard-jay-z.jpg

Nice try.

if there were commercials then it wasnt dropped out the blue then :pacspit:

Thats just a magazine cover, can you actually show an article it started with jay-z ?

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Thats just a magazine cover, can you actually show an article it started with jay-z ?

It says right on the cover.

Platinum Before The Album Drops. #NewRules.

Obviously he's the first artist to do that. SMH. Billboard didn't want to count those million downloads as official units sold, but ended up counting them hense why they gave him the cover. Go read the article for yourself. I ain't your mommy.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
It says right on the cover.

Platinum Before The Album Drops. #NewRules.

Obviously he's the first artist to do that. SMH. Billboard didn't want to count those million downloads as official units sold, but ended up counting them hense why they gave him the cover. Go read the article for yourself. I ain't your mommy.

:stopitslime: they didnt count them because they were counted as a packaged for free

billboard was counting downloads and streams for album sales before that though

theres a difference

get jay-z dikk out your mouth

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:stopitslime: they didnt count them because they were counted as a packaged for free

billboard was counting downloads and streams for album sales before that though

theres a difference

get jay-z dikk out your mouth
Keep denying Hov's influence on the Music biz and how he changed the game.

:umad:

Ineedmoney504

SOHH ICEY...WE EATIN
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY N.O.

a_560x375-jpg.gif

It wouldn't be no Beyoncé and drake dropping out the blue if not for that album, or Jcole announcing wit no single 2 weeks before his album came out

The Phoenix

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Good grief....we are about to be bombarded with so many Wimp and Tidal references on his next album.......Sh!t might be called Tidal Wave or something. I swear that n!gga had one more time to mention D"USSE on Grail......I would have slapped that negro myself.