Jay White-o leaving New Japan?

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
A new report from Fightful Select indicates that Switchblade Jay White’s contract with New Japan Pro Wrestling is due to expire in the near future, and sources from the promotion believe White intends to part ways with NJPW. Fightful reports that both WWE and AEW have displayed interest in gacquiring White for their rosters, although sources from WWE appeared assured that WWE would ultimately come out on top. No promotion is permitted to make an official offer to White until the conclusion of his NJPW contract, however, so as of this posting there is no actual guarantee he will leave his current company.

February 11 is the upcoming date of White’s booked bout against Hikuleo in Osaka, Japan, which is being promoted as a “loser leaves Japan” fight. Hikuleo has garnered the attention of WWE for some time now, meaning that either wrestler could have favorable evidence for an intended victory. Fightful also reports that roster members from NJPW feel White would prefer to transfer to the United States for the immediate future.

In terms of recruitment efforts, Fightful has previously confirmed from other sources as well as White himself that WWE has made significant moves to pursue the wrestler. These efforts have seemingly intensified over time. White has also done work for AEW and Impact Wrestling over the course of his time with NJPW in absence of a contract with either promotion. In the past, White has told Fightful that he has enjoyed his work with AEW although the company never formally approached him about signing with them. In reference to much earlier rumors that his contract would extend until 2025 and that AEW was taking an interest in signing him, White told Fightful that “them approaching me and some contract I was on, both things 100% false.” As of this posting, however, there has been no response to official inquiries by Fightful to both NJPW and Jay White.

Vince gonna have him out there with a Crocodile Dundee gimmick :deadrose:

jeh

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The 🏝️ Of Relevancy
He'd be a big fish in a small pond in WWE developmental, think...
Lee, Cole, Fish, O'Reilly (two of which didn't make an impact in AEW, and Fish, who went to impact)
Gargano, Ciampa, Kross (Ciampa been Mia, Gargano is injured, Kross is in a feud with Mysterio that is boring)

He doesn't have a big enough name To pull a Cody, dude came back and kept the same everything...I doubt Whomever is in charge of creative when White contract is up would do a Dundee gimmick, but he definitely ain't gone be doing what he did in Japan

Maybe he goes to Aew, a private company, and aligns with Juice Robinson. And then what, more bullet club and too sweet equals another stable/faction...Khan isn't booking White to win the Aew world championship...hell he didn't even put the belt on Danielson when he signed

He'll be better off in Impact, since he actually got heat/over unlike some NJPW guys who went to TNA/Impact and flopped....🌧️👨

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
He made me a fan during the 2020 G1 with his promo work. Underrated in ring work too with his Tana and Ibushi matches.

Definitely doesn't need to be in this version of NXT but they do need someone credible to take the title off Bron Breakker if Melo doesn't. I could see a quick run there like KO, Joe and Finn

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
WWE needs him and could stand to use him more than AEW
  1. The upper tiers of that WWE roster are pretty old, for the most part.
  2. There’s a relative lack of promising younger talent. There’s a few, but not many, certainly not enough to cycle in when all the 38-40+ year olds start retiring or going part time
  3. Jay White is only 30, very skilled in the ring, looks the part, and can carry himself on the mic
Meanwhile AEW has a ton of young to youngish talent that can’t get enough TV time as it is. Adding Jay White, while he would arguably be the best of that crop, wouldn’t add as much to the current and future of the product as he potentially could in WWE.

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
He has the ready made feud of joining with Gallows and Anderson (:scust:) against Judgement Day if they want to do a quick run down of who he is to the E audience....

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Jay White and WWE seems a perfect fit

He's been one of the best piece of shyt heels in the game for a minute :mjlol:

If they manage to figure out the :umad:energy - they're gonna eat for a minute off the shots of kids in the crowd like

he-cant-keep-getting-away-with-it.gif

:pachaha:

Reality Check

Keepin' it 100
Daps
I’m skeptical on how the E uses him and crowd reacts. He’s not a well known name like Styles. Might take some time to gel into the crowd, imo.

Secretary: Mr. White? Mr. McMahon is ready for you?
Jay White: McMahon? I thought I was meeting with Triple H.
Secretary: He's no longer handling free agent negotiations. Right this way.
Vince: So you're Jay White huh?
Jay White: Yea, that's me.
Vince: Great, have a seat next to Johnny.
Johnny Ace: Hey Jay, big fan of yours!
Jay White: Uh, thanks.
Vince: As you may have heard, there have been some changes around here. Paul and Stephanie weren't cutting the mustard, and I've had to take over to right the ship.
Jay White: So I've heard from Doc and Karl.
Vince: Wait, we hired back Gallows and Anderson? I'll take care of that later. So you say you're the catalyst of pro wrestling?
Jay White: Glad you've seen my promos and are a fan of my work...
Vince: I've never seen a match or promo of yours in my life pal. Ace here vouched for you since he spent time in Japan and has seen you in action.
Johnny Ace: As much as I love watching Paw Patrol over and over, it kinda gets predictable after seeing every episode 2-3 times. I can't wait for the Rubble & Crew spinoff! Anyways, when I'm not watching Paw Patrol, I'm watching Japanese wrestling and you've come up a couple times.
Vince: I've got to be honest, I'm struggling to come up with something for you. You just don't stand out to me and we haven't had any previous superstars from New Zealand.
Jay White: The Bushwhackers are from my country.
Vince: Guess we...wait a minute...
Johnny Ace: I know what's coming! This is so exciting Jay!
Vince: How about you're Duke, the nephew of the Bushwackers! We'll update the gimmick a little bit, but it writes itself pal!
Johnny Ace: You did it again Vince! Jay, this man is a genius! He was forced into retirement but has not lost his touch at all. This will be an incredible gimmick that will launch your career!
Jay White: I was the IWGP Heavyweight Champion twice, headlined a MSG show and have held several other belts with the company.
Vince: I don't know what that means Duke, but we'll get the paperwork drawn up and sent over to you right away!
Johnny Ace: Welcome to the team Jay!
Jay White: Uh, thanks. I'll look out for it *texts Tony Khan to see if he can get the Miro contract*