“Japan has abandoned the Playstation”

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
If u look at the software attach rate of the ps5 in Japan, it seems like it's mostly scalpers buying the system.

I read somewhere that the ps5 sold a quarter mil in Japan but only sold 60k games.

I read that also and theres two reasons for the low attachment rate for when that article was posted.

1. It was pre-christmas sale,s meaning that a lot of ps5’s were gifts waiting to be opened on christmas. A bunch of those consoles were sitting under trees and in closets.

2. It wasn’t accounting for digital sales which are far higher than physical especially this year with the pandemic and with digital consoles being a thing.

I’d put a lot of money on it that isn’t the case today.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I read that also and theres two reasons for the low attachment rate for when that article was posted.

1. It was pre-christmas sale,s meaning that a lot of ps5’s were gifts waiting to be opened on christmas. A bunch of those consoles were sitting under trees and in closets.

2. It wasn’t accounting for digital sales which are far higher than physical especially this year with the pandemic and with digital consoles being a thing.

I’d put a lot of money on it that isn’t the case today.
From what I read about the situation in that store is that the majority of those people were scalpers and the store started banning them because they had a history of buying multiple systems at that location.

Your first point may be true, the second point probably not considering that Sony themselves said they were worried about the attach ratio for the system in Japan.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
thats why they are focusing on resolution, framerate, and RTX

i imagine a pro consoles selling point will be both native 4k and 60fps with rtx

Yeah, once Nintendo releases the Follow-up to the Switch within the next 2 years, graphics is going to be hard to notice. Once the post-COVID19 world opens up, noone is going to sit down to play their PS5 after work when they constantly on the move.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yeah, once Nintendo releases the Follow-up to the Switch within the next 2 years, graphics is going to be hard to notice. Once the post-COVID19 world opens up, noone is going to sit down to play their PS5 after work when they constantly on the move.

speak for yourself, we home gang over here:ufdup: