Jamie Fox Recalls Story of Tarantino Telling Him to Act More like a Slave

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you had no problem with Django Unchained you're a c00n. And sadly the majority of black America had no problem with it at the time. From that point on I knew we were truly lost as a people. Quentin has a history of denigrating black people in his movies but we accept it because its "just art and entertainment".

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps
I mean that's the role tho, he's not supposed to be superfly. he's supposed to be a slave. then after that you get to kill.

it's like coming in to read for joker and you're acting like ronald mcdonald. the director is going to ask you wtf are you doing?

Mission249

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Tarantino was basically saying if Foxx came out the gate being extra cool and suave then he would ruin the character arc.

The character goes from a downtrodden slave to a unstoppable hero.

Tarantino's done some questionable stuff before. But some of y'all really twist and turn to find some way to be hurt and extra sensitive about everything...

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
Tarantino was basically saying if Foxx came out the gate being extra cool and suave then he would ruin the character arc.

The character goes from a downtrodden slave to a unstoppable hero.

Tarantino's done some questionable stuff before. But some of y'all really twist and turn to find some way to be hurt and extra sensitive about everything...
Shut up Gah damn

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
There's way worse shyt to trip off Tarantino about. And I'm not even saying not to go in on Tarantino, because he clearly harbors some malformed ideations about black people from the sexual comraderie his mom was able to harness.

But any director worth his shyt has 100+ stories like this.

It's an exaggeration, but watch Whiplash, and you'll understand why directors go in.