Jake The Snake Roberts Names The Wrestler Who Legitimately Scared Him

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Met Backlund when I was kid, he refused to sign my autograph. he’s not all there
I remember reading or listening to something, it may have been The Lapsed Fan, and they mentioned Backlund would make kids do push-ups or situps or other random fitness test shyt before signing an autograph. Maybe he didn't think you could do ten jumping jacks.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Bro that was legit terrifying as a child watching him get Bret in that hold and then the white towel throw in :sadbron:

I remember in elementary school we would do the chicken wing on each other. My one breh would do all the Backlund mannerisms lol. The hold was legit though :leon:
:mjlol:

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I remember reading or listening to something, it may have been The Lapsed Fan, and they mentioned Backlund would make kids do push-ups or situps or other random fitness test shyt before signing an autograph. Maybe he didn't think you could do ten jumping jacks.
He asked me to name the presidents in order… I couldn’t and I’m sure no 9 year old could … jumping jacks are feasible, every President not so much

kayfabe breh..i met him too..he was super obnoxious that day :heh:
I met 40+ WWF wrestlers in the 90s backstage, he was the ONLY one that stayed in character/ kayfabe … as I understand it, he becomes his character. Dude is legit nuts and insufferable person

PHamm

Superstar
Daps
He asked me to name the presidents in order… I couldn’t and I’m sure no 9 year old could … jumping jacks are feasible, every President not so much

I met 40+ WWF wrestlers in the 90s backstage, he was the ONLY one that stayed in character/ kayfabe … as I understand it, he becomes his character. Dude is legit nuts and insufferable person
You should Make a thread detailing what you thougut of each wrestler you met

Chrome2279

All Star
Daps
From all of the wrestlers that I've seen do the Crossface Chickenwing :picard: Bob Backlund is the only one that makes the move look terrifying. Bob uses that old man strength and just ragdoll the life out of you...
Raw06.gif
wsl5D.gif
Jake was like :mjtf::hubie:
I remember Bret Hart saying this was the most painful move he was ever put in. (That says a lot being that he trained in the dungeon)

Amare's Right Hook

Southeast World Champion
Daps
A hopeless fat ass. :flabbynsick:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Bob backlund is one of the goats

Im glad he got his return run after the hogan era

That lil wm 9 comeback was wack

But the bret shyt, one of the all time heels imo. He was spitting during promos.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
I remember when he beat Bret Hart back when I 1st started watching wrestling, that shyt had me hot lol