Jake The Snake Roberts Names The Wrestler Who Legitimately Scared Him

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
During a recent edition of The Snake Pit podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts shared some stories regarding fellow WWE Hall of Famer Bob Backlund. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Jake Roberts on Bob Backlund: “He’s a f*****g maniac. Are you kidding? That guy is legit psycho. He’s just … that guy is so strong, it’s incredible. He’s a freak of nature. He’ll f*****g lose it man, and start screaming and s**t. He scares the f**k out of me. He does it at signings. He’ll grab someone in a f*****g hold and just scream like crazy.”

On how Bob Backlund made another wrestler pass out: “I remember back in the late-70s, he came to Mid South. They brought a kid from LSU, who was like 6’8, 350 f*****g pounds to challenge a wrestler. And nobody wanted to get in there. Because if you get in there and you lose, your f*****g s**t’s over. And Backlund raises his hand and says I’ll track you. And everybody’s like ‘Oh, f**k no man.” But he went out there, and all he did was grab the guy in the f*****g headlock. He grabbed that guy in that headlock, and squeezed so f*****g hard, the guy passed out. That was f*****g incredible man. And it didn’t take long either.”
Bob Backlund Wwe GIF - Bob Backlund Wwe Wwf GIFs

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
During a recent edition of The Snake Pit podcast, WWE Hall of Famer Jake Roberts shared some stories regarding fellow WWE Hall of Famer Bob Backlund. Below are some highlights (via WrestlingInc.com):

Jake Roberts on Bob Backlund: “He’s a f*****g maniac. Are you kidding? That guy is legit psycho. He’s just … that guy is so strong, it’s incredible. He’s a freak of nature. He’ll f*****g lose it man, and start screaming and s**t. He scares the f**k out of me. He does it at signings. He’ll grab someone in a f*****g hold and just scream like crazy.”

On how Bob Backlund made another wrestler pass out: “I remember back in the late-70s, he came to Mid South. They brought a kid from LSU, who was like 6’8, 350 f*****g pounds to challenge a wrestler. And nobody wanted to get in there. Because if you get in there and you lose, your f*****g s**t’s over. And Backlund raises his hand and says I’ll track you. And everybody’s like ‘Oh, f**k no man.” But he went out there, and all he did was grab the guy in the f*****g headlock. He grabbed that guy in that headlock, and squeezed so f*****g hard, the guy passed out. That was f*****g incredible man. And it didn’t take long either.”
Bob Backlund Wwe GIF - Bob Backlund Wwe Wwf GIFs
From all of the wrestlers that I've seen do the Crossface Chickenwing :picard: Bob Backlund is the only one that makes the move look terrifying. Bob uses that old man strength and just ragdoll the life out of you...
Raw06.gif
wsl5D.gif
Jake was like :mjtf::hubie:

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
I hated him when he beat Bret Hart :mjcry:
Bro that was legit terrifying as a child watching him get Bret in that hold and then the white towel throw in :sadbron:

I remember in elementary school we would do the chicken wing on each other. My one breh would do all the Backlund mannerisms lol. The hold was legit though :leon:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
Bro that was legit terrifying as a child watching him get Bret in that hold and then the white towel throw in :sadbron:

I remember in elementary school we would do the chicken wing on each other. My one breh would do all the Backlund mannerisms lol. The hold was legit though :leon:
Hold is legit..I used to randomly catch people lacking in high school and lock it on them…unintentionally made a couple of muhfukkas cry and felt bad about it…

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
when I was a kid I thought he was fish hooking the mouth which made the hold that much more terrifying :russ: