J. Cole - Might Delete Later projected to sell 140k-160k first week

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
He didn't sell much more first week. I think it was only like a 10 or 20k difference or some shyt.

Correct it was about 15k but your post suggests the album was less successful or something. If we really wanna get into nerd number shyt, Kendrick's last album is still out performing Off Season on Spotify.

Going forward tho like I said...I'm not comparing sales of a Cole mixtape to Drake or Kendrick albums. That would be unfair. Fall Off is gonna probably do at least what, 270-300k first week? Cole still got it.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
If we really wanna get into nerd number shyt, Kendrick's last album is still out performing Off Season on Spotify.

Guessing it's only the digestible singles? N95, Silent Hill and most likely Count Me Out boosting that.

Cole is weird that he really hasn't focused on singles like that in a min. Outside of KOD. Idek if the off season had a single. He shot 2 videos and was for the EP that dropped beforehand.

Kendrick got fukking Hellen Mirrin in an video, which is still nuts and fits perfectly.

No hate but I'm saying that there's no reason or fact to Kendrick or Cole outselling each other like to the point of arguing it. Their numbers are pretty much similar outside of Kendrick marketing well with Damn.

On some nerd shyt, that comes from totally different ways on marketing their albums, singles, and videos.

Rembrandt

the artist
Daps
Reppin
Villa Diodati
I just need Drake to drop so then all 3 of em can actually swing with no gloves off. Assuming Drake is gonna be the one to say fukk it and pull a Kendrick and drop names, since he's been doing that more and more.

From there, it's gonna be interesting.

Also I hope both ignore Ye tryna interject himself into the beef by saying he washed them both but I did find it interesting that he said he washed Kendrick on a song, but Drake on a joint concert where he only played shyt from CLB

(he should have said that nikka was scared of doing a verzuz and actually comparing hits) Because that's something I think would be amazing to see live

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Correct it was about 15k but your post suggests the album was less successful or something. If we really wanna get into nerd number shyt, Kendrick's last album is still out performing Off Season on Spotify.

Going forward tho like I said...I'm not comparing sales of a Cole mixtape to Drake or Kendrick albums. That would be unfair. Fall Off is gonna probably do at least what, 270-300k first week? Cole still got it.
I didn't say it was less successful. Dude tried to say if Kendrick dropped the same way Cole just dropped it would sell WAY more. And I said no it wouldn't because he didn't even sell WAY more than Cole on his last outing and that one took 6 years to drop.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I'll wait for Cole's actual album before making any sales conclusions. This is a surprise mixtape. Only thing I wonder is...how many pump fakes until he actually releases The Fall Off? It's kinda getting annoying.

Brand new music is annoying now?

We used to live in a world where labels would hold artists hostage for the most trivial shyt. Entire careers got derailed over being put perpetually on the shelf. Now artists can drop pretty much whenever they want, it doesn’t really matter what title is out on the cover art its a BRAND NEW project from Cole and he’s rapping his ass off. I think the Fall Off is coming maybe around mid-summer or even fall but at least we got this to feed the buzz

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
By 10k so bros response was still appropriate imo

They're in the same lane. It's just Drake that sells both their first weeks combined (outside of honestly nevermind)
Drake last album did 400K? Kendrick’s did 300k right?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
but I did find it interesting that he said he washed Kendrick on a song
I didn’t find it interesting. Drake and Kendrick both wrote for Ye.

Imagine taking him seriously.

He actually looks cringe trying fit in with the youth. Just go be a legend like Nas Hov Wayne Em etc.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Brand new music is annoying now?

We used to live in a world where labels would hold artists hostage for the most trivial shyt. Entire careers got derailed over being put perpetually on the shelf. Now artists can drop pretty much whenever they want, it doesn’t really matter what title is out on the cover art its a BRAND NEW project from Cole and he’s rapping his ass off. I think the Fall Off is coming maybe around mid-summer or even fall but at least we got this to feed the buzz
He’s rapping at a very high-level, but he’s not making good music or a good songs. Them shyts is ehh.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Nobody agrees with you
They actually do when everyone says his discography is meh.

He hasn’t made a fire song like this in so long.

If he has please tell me. I’m open to being educated. Thanks.