I've never heard anyone say Elden Ring is the best story of any game they've ever played?

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
The story is not good, compared to most rpgs. You don't play this game for the story though. You play because of the gameplay, character leveling, and exploring a large world. The story is almost an afterthought. The ending has got to be one of the worst I've ever seen in gaming. It doesn't matter though, it's still an A+ game. Don't play this game expecting some sort of good story. Also, there is no quest log for some strange reason, and you'll need a guide to do most of the side-quests. There is no way you would be able to complete most of the side quests without a guide, unless you spend 1000 hours going repeatedly to each location after each main quest.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
I have never followed a fromsoftware game's story. I couldn't tell you what Bloodborne or dark souls 3 were about. The only one I kind of understand is Sekiro. I'm currently on Elden Ring and only remember talking to Melania one time (which is weird. Maybe I missed something ?).

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
The story isn't told in the typical way, just like in other Souls games. It's non-linear, fragmentary, almost entirely optional and can be missed, and told through bits of dialogues and item descriptions.

So it isn't surprising that this part of the game hasn't caught much attention, especially compared to the gameplay.

It is still an amazing way to use videogame to tell stories.