It’s weird how we only we got to play as Solid Snake in two games

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We’ve spent more time with Big Boss post 3d metal gear era than we did with Solid Snake. We only we got to play as Solid Snake in Metal Gear Solid, and then we play as Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4. I know it’s the same snake but we never really got to play as a younger snake in his prime outside of part 1 and the originals which aged so badly graphically you can’t even tell.

Only game series where the face of the franchise doesn’t even star in the majority of games

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
Yea.....but what's so interesting about Snake? Besides his cloning blues he's got nothing that makes his character compelling.

Big Boss is the visionary Villian/Vigilante that had plans for the present and future.
His Story in which he literally influenced History>>>>The tale of Solid Snake.

And it's not even close really.

Smartest thing that franchise did was pivoting off of snake and Opening up Big Bosses history to show the man Behind all the legendary exploits.

Exploits Kojima was kind enough to let us read about.......and then play 1st hand.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Yea.....but what's so interesting about Snake? Besides his cloning blues he's got nothing that makes his character compelling.

Big Boss is the visionary Villian/Vigilante that had plans for the present and future.
His Story in which he literally influenced History>>>>The tale of Solid Snake.

And it's not even close really.

Smartest thing that franchise did was pivoting off of snake and Opening up Big Bosses history to show the man Behind all the legendary exploits.

Exploits Kojima was kind enough to let us read about.......and then play 1st hand.

maybe thats the problem they never gave snake enough to do before they killed him.

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It is kinda funny when you consider he was a main Sony mascot for a period
functionally, not narratively, which is a big part of what metal gear is about
No doubt lmao, I just stopped thinking too deeply into what Kojima does. It’s all nonsense that I enjoy for some reason. They’re all just Snake to me. But I get it (and considered the same thing myself before).

Tryna Makit

High plains drifter
Daps
mg1 and 2 are the reason why you feel that way op:manny: if they remake those games in fox engine and flesh out the story a bit then your desire for solid snake :dame: would be satisfied
That's what the developers need to be doing, especially after MGS5.

We now know Big Boss had a whole mf body double out here putting in work:bustback::violent:.
While he laid low building a nation of killas:ninja2:
According to the terribly convoluted storyline, Solid Snake Killed the MGS5 protagonist(Venom Snake) in the 1st outer heaven.....tell me you don't wanna play that?
I do :skip:
Then in Zanzibar land he beat Big Boss but didn't kill him only left him for dead,
I wanna play that shyt too.:pachaha:

I'm not even a fan of remakes but considering the Nintendo version was before even my time:old:, MGS 1 and 2 remakes would barely be considered that.