It's STUPID for Stephen King to be know as the "HORROR" guy in cinema.....

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
Carrie
It
The Shining
Cujo
The Mist

:ohlawd:

giphy.gif

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
If anyone's read the dark tower series.. It's his best work :banderas:
Man im still mad the movies have fallen through.

They wanted to do a movie and tv show. The movies would be a trilogy and the tv show would have seasons between the movies, telling one big story.

Ron howard was directing and javier bardem signed on to play roland.

They should just do an hbo show. It would work perfectly.

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
I don't get why this is even a thread...nobody is calling him some "Master of horror" in Hollywood...plus he has great horror movies (The Mist, Pet Semetary, It, Dead Zone) and great non-horror (Shawshank and Misery) so what's the point of this?

Agreed

misery is horrifying to me

Was coming in to say this. I also think Shawshank is horrifying. Misery is more in line with other movies that are considered horror anyways.

In 1947, banker Andy Dufresne is convicted of murdering his wife and her lover and sentenced to two consecutive life sentences at the fictional Shawshank State Penitentiary in the state of Maine. Andy befriends contraband smuggler Ellis "Red" Redding, an inmate serving a life sentence. Red procures a rock hammer and later a large poster of Rita Hayworth for Andy. Working in the prison laundry, Andy is regularly assaulted by the "bull queer" gang "the Sisters" and their leader, Bogs.

Sounds pretty fukking horrifying to me

blackestofpanthers

God forgives, you are forgiven.
Daps
Reppin
Bay area
Kubrick's "The Shining" is GOAT, will always be at or near the top of my list for horror flicks :ohlawd:

sadly it's the one movie based on a Stephen King book that King himself has said he HATED :what:

"1408" was good too, that shyt was :damn:
Did he hate the movie because he thought it was bad or did he hate the movie because it wasn't faithful to his book? I believe it's the latter.

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
Because it wasn't faithful.

Fred.
Wnhich is why they remade it with the guy from Wings i think
I didn't know shawshank redemption was Stephen king :ohhh:
Yea it was part of a book that he wrote 4 short stories....it had that, apt pupil and i think stand by me....shawshank was great cause its told from reds perspective.......

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Wnhich is why they remade it with the guy from Wings i think

Yea it was part of a book that he wrote 4 short stories....it had that, apt pupil and i think stand by me....shawshank was great cause its told from reds perspective.......

Yeah it was from "Different Seasons". "Stand By Me" was called "The Body" though.

As far as the thread goes, King is seen as a horror writer regardless of the acclaim he receives outside of that genre. Dude been writing horror for 40+ years, it's not something he can shake. Or wants to for that matter.

Fred.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
A clean cut white man in prison, that's pretty horrifying. 4 average cacs run away from home to look at a dead body, horrifying. A clean cut cac stan kidnaps an author so he can write her stories for the rest of his life. Horrifying.

King is trash though