**ITS OFFICIAL** Walt Disney buys 21st Century FOX

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
a marvel movie just based on the first episode of the og xmen TV show ≥>>>>>>>>>

can we get wolverine in a flash back with cap???

weapon x movie fully fleshed out

can we get a wolverine vs hulk movie???

obviously there going to want to set him up.

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
With X-Men and FF, yall think Marvel's gonna start doing more than 3 movies a year?

No way. Any more and they cut into their other flagships. They still need room throughout the year for

Disney(Frozen/Wreck It Ralph/Zootopia etc
Pixar(Toy Story,Incredibles etc)
Lucasfilms(Starwars)

And now they got other fox properties that's not just Marvel

Alien vs Predator
Planet of the apes

So yea they literally cant do more then 3 marvel movies a year. Disney+ will be their go to for smaller scale projects.

Introduce the FF and Doom then go on to Surfer and Galactus for Phase 4

Begin introducing the X-men in Phase 5, please

Naw. I know yall think it's rushing it but they need to bring in the x-men asap. Were losing potentially BOTH RDJ and Chris Evans. F4 aren't big enough to cover that loss. X-men are.

X-Men in 2021 sounds right. They find a producer this year. Start filming next year.

And i know nothing pass the spidey sequel is officially announced for Phase 4 but we know Spidey 2/GOTG3 Black Widow and Strange 2 are all being made. But we still need 2 more movies before 2021 hits. Add deadpool 3 in there somewhere and were golden.

2021 is just the right time for them to come. Gives them 2 years to set up teases.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
No way. Any more and they cut into their other flagships. They still need room throughout the year for

Lucasfilms(Starwars)

Alien vs Predator
Planet of the apes

So yea they literally cant do more then 3 marvel movies a year. Disney+ will be their go to for smaller scale projects.

Naw. I know yall think it's rushing it but they need to bring in the x-men asap. Were losing potentially BOTH RDJ and Chris Evans. F4 aren't big enough to cover that loss. X-men are.

X-Men in 2021 sounds right. They find a producer this year. Start filming next year.

And i know nothing pass the spidey sequel is officially announced for Phase 4 but we know Spidey 2/GOTG3 Black Widow and Strange 2 are all being made. But we still need 2 more movies before 2021 hits. Add deadpool 3 in there somewhere and were golden.

2021 is just the right time for them to come. Gives them 2 years to set up teases.

Exactly.

More than 3 completely eats up their other franchises.

And there is NO WAY IN HELL X-Men will be iced for 3 years.

They will reshuffle the shyt out of their calender before they don't start filming by next year.

Disney took on 36 billion in debt they need an ROI.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY

Lucasfilms(Starwars)

Alien vs Predator
Planet of the apes

Exactly.

More than 3 completely eats up their other franchises.

And there is NO WAY IN HELL X-Men will be iced for 3 years.

They will reshuffle the shyt out of their calender before they don't start filming by next year.

Disney took on 36 billion in debt they need an ROI.

I say Disney will have a opening slot every 3-4 weeks in theaters.. that's 12-16 movies a year.... anything more and they gonna start killing themselves.
at this rate they should buy a theater chain and just have Disney only ... and rotate their franchises every 3 weeks ... 4 screens of new .. 2 screens of the previous... and a few screens of the vault...
I wonder what this service will do to Disney channel, Disney jr and Disney XD

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
I say Disney will have a opening slot every 3-4 weeks in theaters.. that's 12-16 movies a year.... anything more and they gonna start killing themselves.
at this rate they should buy a theater chain and just have Disney only ... and rotate their franchises every 3 weeks ... 4 screens of new .. 2 screens of the previous... and a few screens of the vault...
I wonder what this service will do to Disney channel, Disney jr and Disney XD

I would be willing to bet that they have explicit contracts with movie chains not to do that. Not be a cinema competitor.

The Scorsese and Spielberg's of the world would lose their shyt too competing with a Disney only theater as their only competitor/outlet.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I would be willing to bet that they have explicit contracts with movie chains not to do that. Not be a cinema competitor.

The Scorsese and Spielberg's of the world would lose their shyt too competing with a Disney only theater as their only competitor/outlet.

Spielberg and them could still be in AMC and Regal and etc.. they just cant be in the Disney and vise versa .... but you gotta admit.. it'll be dope... Disney just wont put their movies in the others chains... only their Disney brand.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
a marvel movie just based on the first episode of the og xmen TV show ≥>>>>>>>>>

can we get wolverine in a flash back with cap???

weapon x movie fully fleshed out

can we get a wolverine vs hulk movie???

obviously there going to want to set him up.
Would instantly be my favorite x-men movie.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Spielberg and them could still be in AMC and Regal and etc.. they just cant be in the Disney and vise versa .... but you gotta admit.. it'll be dope... Disney just wont put their movies in the others chains... only their Disney brand.

You'd have to build THOUSANDS of them shyts.

Regal has like over 7k. AMC like 400. That's not even including state chains or regional indy ones.

You're talking like 20,000.

And if you lived in a remote area with little population and they didn't build shyt the customer is fukked and so is Disney.

Last edited:

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina

Layoffs have hit Fox following the entertainment company’s sale to Disney.

The staff cuts are hitting employees at the SVP, EVP, and president level. Senior staff is expected to be among the first to be impacted. However, the cuts will be deep, with the ax falling hardest of Fox’s film team. There could be as many as 4,000 jobs cut in the merger, according to some reports. On the studio side, the first wave of job losses is relatively small and targeted.

Disney closed its $71.3 billion acquisition of Fox on Tuesday. It is buying 20th Century Fox, FX, NatGeo, and much of Hulu in a deal that is expected to reshape the entertainment landscape.

Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn and President Alan Bergman were on Fox’s Century City lot for meetings with executives this week. In a memo, Bergman and Horn said they would try to be as open as possible about the changes that will take place at the entertainment company and said they would soon be making announcements about the film division’s senior leadership structure.

“Day-to-day, our top priorities remain the same: to support the great content we’re creating and deliver a superb experience to our consumers, and to continue to build an inspiring, inclusive environment where employees can bring their best to work every day,” the two men wrote. Bergman and Horn also cautioned staffers to expect “quite a bit of change across our organizations.

Some of Fox’s film leadership will remain in place. Twentieth Century Fox Film vice chairman Emma Watts, Fox 2000 chief Elizabeth Gabler, and Fox Searchlight co-heads Steve Gilula and Nancy Utley are among those making the move to the Mouse House. Fox film chief Stacey Snider and domestic distribution head Chris Aronson are among those who will not make the transition.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

Agreed. I've been pretty vocal about wanting a big-budget X-men tv series in the MCU, but thinking about it further, they might not go that route. Now that the main actors playing a lot of the Avengers are getting ready to bounce, they need another halfway interesting team that can pick up the slack.

I don't see them taking their chances on Fantastic Four since Fox has already completely messed those characters all the way up three times now, and there's never been a legit successful version of the Fantastic Four outside of the comics. It made sense when they did Iron Man and Thor in the beginning, since at the time those B and C-list heroes were all they had, plus they hadn't already ruined Iron Man with a bunch of terrible movies before RDJ stepped up. I like the F4, but it might be a better idea to make them into a series instead to test the waters. (or even utilize them as guest stars exclusively in other characters' movies like they're doing with Hulk).

Now that they have X-men, which has proven to be the bigger draw than the F4 for decades in every medium (comics, cartoons, games, movies), Disney would be crazy to not jump on making the X-men into the next big MCU franchise ASAP. All they have to do is turn Giant Sized X-men #1 into a movie and they'll be printing money like there's no tomorrow.

Last edited:

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Agreed. I've been pretty vocal about wanting a big-budget X-men tv series in the MCU, but thinking about it further, they might not go that route. Now that the main actors playing a lot of the Avengers are getting ready to bounce, they need another halfway interesting team that can pick up the slack.

I don't see them taking their chances on Fantastic Four since Fox has already completely messed those characters all the way up three times now, and there's never been a legit successful version of the Fantastic Four outside of the comics. It made sense when they did Iron Man and Thor in the beginning, since at the time those B and C-list heroes were all they had, plus they hadn't already ruined Iron Man with a bunch of terrible movies before RDJ stepped up. I like the F4, but it might be a better idea to make them into a series instead to test the waters. (or even utilize them as guest stars exclusively in other characters' movies like they're doing with Hulk).

Now that they have X-men, which has proven to be the bigger draw than the F4 for decades in every medium (comics, cartoons, games, movies), Disney would be crazy to not jump on making the X-men into the next big MCU franchise ASAP. All they have to do is turn Giant Sized X-men #1 into a movie and they'll be printing money like there's no tomorrow.

I'd love for FF to be soft intro intro with after credit Far From Home. Or even a reference.

Scientists/ Explorers aren't hard to shoehorn in.

Plus Silver Surfer in GOTG3

X-Men needs to be the holy grail right now.