It's depressing watching you parents health go down hill

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Yea its really tough, i just seen my grandmother on mothers day. She had a few strokes over the past year, cant really walk or speak well. Broke my heart to see her like that

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Man this thread hits close to home. My father was diagnosed w/ Stomach cancer last month. It kind of came out of nowhere. Now he's been in and out of the hospital. He's currently in the hospital. Im on FMLA and been paying for some of his health bills( even with insurance its adding up fast ). He's depressed so ive been trying to cheer him up. He's really only happy when my son is around.

I was not ready for this at all( then again you never are) my mother has been crying everyday and she's losing weight. Doctors are saying 3-6 months. just beyond blown right now.

damm sorry about that
hope he has a miracle recovery

The Bilingual Gringo

Tucked in to the socks
Supporter
Daps
Man this thread hits close to home. My father was diagnosed w/ Stomach cancer last month. It kind of came out of nowhere. Now he's been in and out of the hospital. He's currently in the hospital. Im on FMLA and been paying for some of his health bills( even with insurance its adding up fast ). He's depressed so ive been trying to cheer him up. He's really only happy when my son is around.

I was not ready for this at all( then again you never are) my mother has been crying everyday and she's losing weight. Doctors are saying 3-6 months. just beyond blown right now.

sad-i-know-that-feel-bro_3969556_lrg.jpg

Never thought I'd delve into this much on The Coli, but I lost my dad back in January of this year. He had a really rare form of skin cancer, went through surgeries, radiation, and chemo. He fought for two years and then couldn't take it anymore. I was there at his bedside the whole time until the very end. Sucks too because he raised me as a single parent, so a massive piece of me was gone that day too since we transcended father and son.

Best thing that I can say to anyone here is that even if it's something stupid that your parents want to do with you, watch a movie, share a drink, go to the store, you have to do it. I don't have any regrets in that regards, which I am grateful. But best thing you can do, find his favorite things to do, etc. and just try to keep him mentally stimulated. I really believe a lot of that is mind over matter and keeping someone smiling or laughing helps more than you know.