It’s crazy to think people in the 30th century will see us as primitive.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Nah, I was going to put “if humanity lasts that long”

My old geography teacher was the biggest a$$hole. This fat CAC would always say “in the next few decades, climate change will ruin this earth and it will become uninhabitable by 2040 or so. But I’ll be dead by then and I won’t have to endure it. Enjoy.:umad::dead::dead::dead::dead:

What an a$$hole.

Explain.

We’re going to be here for a while I think.

I always try to imagine what the world will be like in future years. Past when we think of the future in a stereotypical way. You know we think of flying cars and robots and skyscrapers that are larger and more complex. Like Space Movies etc..

I like to imagine what it would be like when that gets old and that’s ancient. What’s next. I think Issac Asimov had some good ideas.

In Bicentennial Man one robot and I’m assuming future robots will try to change robotic organs for human organs to become more human.

In one of his short stories he talked about what will happen after entropy stops. And I guess The Foundation is about a time right before technology is at its peak and becomes and begins to look like magic.

I love in-depth and classic sci fi literature.

I also love the end of AI about humanity being gone and our descendants future sentient robots try to bring us back using DNA. Not to mention the most accurate future movie ever IMO Minority Report minus the prophetic water dwellers.

Plus I’m always on YouTube looking at crazy Sci Fi and Time Traveler Videos.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I’ll be honest, this kind of expertise is way out of my remit. But humanity has survived different eras and adapted. What makes y’all think we can’t survive this? Too much fukkery?
Planet is undergoing too much too quickly. I don’t see us being able to reverse it.

Theres no where else for us to go. Nothing sustainable especially.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Not that I can disagree, but what makes you think that?
Why not

If you look at history, humanity has thought for centuries that the world would end shortly after them. It hasn’t happened yet. Plus climate change will never kill all of us. Maybe most of us but pockets will survive either billionaires in shelters or tribesmen in remote islands and jungles …someone will be here.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
I love in-depth and classic sci fi literature.
I do too. Even the dystopian ones which have fascinating yet morbid predictions about humanity. At least you’re optimistic about the future.

I haven’t read The Bicentennial Man but I’ll definitely give it a read now.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I do too. Even the dystopian ones which have fascinating yet morbid predictions about humanity. At least you’re optimistic about the future.

I haven’t read The Bicentennial Man but I’ll definitely give it a read now.
You know what stood out for me too. The ending of Cloud Atlas when basically black people took over and where technologically advanced beyond imagination yet they still had primitive practices and enjoyed simple things like a campfire.

Last edited:

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
Why not

If you look at history, humanity has thought for centuries that the world would end shortly after them. It hasn’t happened yet. Plus climate change will never kill all of us. Maybe most of us but pockets will survive either billionaires in shelters or tribesmen in remote islands and jungles …someone will be here.
Even if that happens, they you expect those people who have practically no skills to survive at that point? When you come out of your bunker, your money is useless.

• Dap
Reactions: TEH

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Even if that happens, they you expect those people who have practically no skills to survive at that point? When you come out of your bunker, your money is useless.
I’m sure they’ll bring along experts to help them restart. Remember those tablets in Georgia saying that they would bring humanity down to 500 million or something like that?
———

Btw here’s the Assimov story about how everything ends. It’s pretty good.

boriquaking

In Sauce We Trust!
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Big Gete Star
I’m sure they’ll bring along experts to help them restart. Remember those tablets in Georgia saying that they would bring humanity down to 500 million or something like that?
———

Btw here’s the Assimov story about how everything ends. It’s pretty good.

Yeah man, I don’t think it goes down that way