It's crazy how much BETTER the Season 4 Remix of Arrested Development is

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Nah not at all. What I'm saying is this: I acknowledge a strength of the show is the chemistry and not having that is a big hinderance. But for me, what hindered it more than anything that season was the story itself and the characterizations and character developments. That shyt hit me harder than them being together or not being together because it just felt so off base
I disagree with your opinion :yeshrug:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I disagree with your opinion :yeshrug:

So you're disagreeing with my opinion that I hated the story and the character choices? Now I could see if i said "Them being in different scenes and not really being together didn't hurt the show at all" then okay cool but I'm agreeing with you on that point but saying what hurt worse for me, was the character shyt.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
So you're disagreeing with my opinion that I hated the story and the character choices? Now I could see if i said "Them being in different scenes and not really being together didn't hurt the show at all" then okay cool but I'm agreeing with you on that point but saying what hurt worse for me, was the character shyt.
I disagree with your opinion that the story hurt it more than the cast not being together.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:manny: People didn’t fall in love with AD over the story. They fell in love with the cast chemistry and how funny it was.

I hear you but im not "people" and you know me, i really don't give a shyt what people think:manny: I'm a story first guy and character guy. I love the interaction with them and yes this shyt suffered from having them be disparate but the character stuff made it worse. The Remix attempts to fix one (them being together) but can't cover up the second issue which is the story itself and the character development. Michael goes from being a flawed everyman with touches of hubris and a hero complex to being a completely self-absorbed bluth. Gob, George, Sr. and Lucille are all wrapped up in shyt I didn't care about, and none of it hangs together.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Michael goes from being a flawed everyman with touches of hubris and a hero complex to being a completely self-absorbed bluth. Gob, George, Sr. and Lucille are all wrapped up in shyt I didn't care about, and none of it hangs together.

I'd argue that it exposed that Michael really is no different from the family he loves to hate....at his core he is, and always will be a bluth. No amount of trying/being an everyman/"nice" gyt will change that he's almost as self absorbed as his family is.

Agreed w/ the side stories for those three characters though.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
eh...I denno if I'd go that far

it was all Mitch Hurwitz, said he wanted to do it every since S4 was released...hinted about it a few times.

There's also supposedly a fan edit version that did the same thing, heard about it years ago, but never got a chance to see it myself.

I thought the humor was still on point. And they did a good job splitting up the different story arcs, yet keeping it intertwined. :ld:

I remember few things from the original cut, and it was weak compared to previous seasons.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'd argue that it exposed that Michael really is no different from the family he loves to hate....at his core he is, and always will be a bluth. No amount of trying/being an everyman/"nice" gyt will change that he's almost as self absorbed as his family is.

Agreed w/ the side stories for those three characters though.

I thought about that first part, but one of the things that makes the show go is Michael is, essentially, us. He's our eyes into that world and he's the most relatable. He's flawed like we are but he's not one of them lol. Making him just like them turns the show on its axis a bit. It looks like from the trailer he's doing a bit of course correcting on Michael, at least I hope. Michael is the guy who may start walking down a dark road but by the end of the episode, he'd come running back and admit his mistakes and say he wants to be better. In season 4, he just kept walking and walking and walking

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
the strength of ad is the writing
the original season 4 was good it just wasnt as good as 1-3
the editing in the remix improved the quality, but its still the same aiight writting

hopefully season 5 with the whole cast being there together will show an improvent