It's crazy how much BETTER the Season 4 Remix of Arrested Development is

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
I'm almost done with the remix. I can't believe they fukked this up the first time. :mindblown:

The season feels like the series never lost its stride. :obama:

How did all of this come to be? Did Netflix have their own editors for the original?

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
HOT TAKE INCOMING....

I prefer the original format. I LIKE the ambitious, Rashomon-esque storytelling, where things pay off several episodes down the line and time is jumping around.

Emoryal

Superstar
Daps
wtf is a remix
and why did it take a billion years to get this I watched this years after it originally aired and it's still been a long ass time
now I gotta rewatch it

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
It's better but it still doesn't make it great. The main issue for me with season 4 had nothing to do with them not being together and everything to do with the story itself and some of the missteps. I'm with @HHR with regards to loving how the original plan came together and how ambitious it was

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Still chugging thru the remix, and the CONSTANT recapping by the narrator is awfully tiresome lol

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
It's better but it still doesn't make it great. The main issue for me with season 4 had nothing to do with them not being together and everything to do with the story itself and some of the missteps. I'm with @HHR with regards to loving how the original plan came together and how ambitious it was
Disagree. The strength of AD was the cast chemistry and the humour that came from it.

The season just wasn’t funny. And them not being together was a huge part of that.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Disagree. The strength of AD was the cast chemistry and the humour that came from it.

The season just wasn’t funny. And them not being together was a huge part of that.

I said FOR ME lol I'm not saying that's not a strength. I'm saying what didn't work FOR ME homie. Hence me saying, "the main issue for me"...come on breh I know its a lazy saturday but you're too smart to miss that.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I said FOR ME lol I'm not saying that's not a strength. I'm saying what didn't work FOR ME homie. Hence me saying, "the main issue for me"...come on breh I know its a lazy saturday but you're too smart to miss that.
That’s why I said I disagree.

Saying for me doesn’t really change saying I disagree and why I disagree.

Saying for me is the equivalent of saying in my opinion which is already known.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
That’s why I said I disagree.

Saying for me doesn’t really change saying I disagree and why I disagree.

Saying for me is the equivalent of saying in my opinion which is already known.

Nah not at all. What I'm saying is this: I acknowledge a strength of the show is the chemistry and not having that is a big hinderance. But for me, what hindered it more than anything that season was the story itself and the characterizations and character developments. That shyt hit me harder than them being together or not being together because it just felt so off base

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
The season feels like the series never lost its stride. :obama:

eh...I denno if I'd go that far

How did all of this come to be? Did Netflix have their own editors for the original?

it was all Mitch Hurwitz, said he wanted to do it every since S4 was released...hinted about it a few times.

There's also supposedly a fan edit version that did the same thing, heard about it years ago, but never got a chance to see it myself.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
eh...I denno if I'd go that far

it was all Mitch Hurwitz, said he wanted to do it every since S4 was released...hinted about it a few times.

There's also supposedly a fan edit version that did the same thing, heard about it years ago, but never got a chance to see it myself.

It also helps for syndication. He went from the 15 episodes to a normal 22, which is all about helping him and Fox sell its syndication rights eventually. With season 5, they'll be close to that syndication number or right at it