It's crazy how much 3rd party games look better on Series X than on PS5...

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
This isn't a stan war thread, I have both systems :whoa:

Also, this isn't about 1st party games. Strictly talking about 3rd party games.

But anyway, recently I turned on my Series X because I hadn't really played it like that since I bought it 2-3 years ago. I copped a few titles that were super discounted...

- The Division 1
- The Division 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- GTA 5

When loading up each of them after having them on Playstation, I was amazed at how butter smooth those games are graphically. After going back to the PS5 to look at how those titles look to make sure I wasn't tripping from not playing these games in a long time, I was able to confirm that each of those looked a lot better on the Series X.

Hell the Division 1 graphics on the Series X can compete with graphics from games getting released today and that dropped in 2016. The graphics don't look as crisp/sharp/detailed on PS5.

Guessing I'll just use the Series X for 3rd party games and utilize the PS5 for the 1st party games. Y'all noticed this too (people that have both consoles) ?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I agree you can feel the difference. Lost Judgement on fidelity mode is almost unplayable compared to Xbox Series X version.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
of course you agree, we know what time it is with you. if its playstation it sucks.

that said, get rekt with these PC graphics cards :takedat:

No fanboy ish I got all systems and Sony perform worst when in performance mode no BS.

I got a 5700XT for the past 3 years I gotta update soon. It still hold a little in 1440P

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
It's because of the way sony handles backwards compatibility.

Microsoft allows developers to patch last gen games for next gen systems. Sony doesn't allow that on ps5, developers can either unlock the framerate of the ps4 pro version or they'd have to port the game to ps5.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This isn't a stan war thread, I have both systems :whoa:

Also, this isn't about 1st party games. Strictly talking about 3rd party games.

But anyway, recently I turned on my Series X because I hadn't really played it like that since I bought it 2-3 years ago. I copped a few titles that were super discounted...

- The Division 1
- The Division 2
- Red Dead Redemption 2
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- GTA 5

When loading up each of them after having them on Playstation, I was amazed at how butter smooth those games are graphically. After going back to the PS5 to look at how those titles look to make sure I wasn't tripping from not playing these games in a long time, I was able to confirm that each of those looked a lot better on the Series X.

Hell the Division 1 graphics on the Series X can compete with graphics from games getting released today and that dropped in 2016. The graphics don't look as crisp/sharp/detailed on PS5.

Guessing I'll just use the Series X for 3rd party games and utilize the PS5 for the 1st party games. Y'all noticed this too (people that have both consoles) ?

ya it’s not debatable…I’ll just reinforce tho that this heavily applies to most last gen games being played on current gen consoles which is supported by the list you provided…when it comes to current gen games the difference is negligible whether in favor of the PS5 or XSX…the FPS boost XSX applies to a lot of last gen games is dope tho…so not only do those games look better but they perform better too

Last edited: