It's crazy how fast time flies in sports.

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
Let's take a look at the guys that were playing in the NBA/NFL in 2007.

NBA:
Dikembe Mutombo
Brent Barry
Darrell Armstrong
Alonzo Mourning
Robert Horry
Bruce Bowen
Jason Kidd
Juwan Howard
Grant Hill
Chris Webber

NFL:

Randy Moss
Terrell Owens
Michael Vick
Morten Anderson
Troy Brown
Warren Sapp
Brett Favre
Dante Hall
LaDainian Tomlinson

Daps
Yeah I'm 26 and I remember when I would be :gladbron: when somebody my age was in the league. Now those dudes are the face of the league and cats born in 97 and shyt are playing
I think everyone has these feels especially those fresh out of high school 18 year old ballers on the Mcdonald's All American teams and the commentaror hyping them up as future stars in the NBA.
Remember when you could create yourself on a video game and use your real age?

Now if I create myself and use my real age, my created player is already on his way to :flabbynsick:
:laff: i remember being geeked up that i could finally give my NBA player my real age of 18

Now, my rookie already :flabbynsick: i stopped creating myself

DatNkkaCutty

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
@ PA
KD been in the league for 10 years already. I swear to god it feels like this nikka just left Texas a couple years ago :dwillhuh:

Brady is 39 :dwillhuh:

Folks I grew up with going into the NFL:dwillhuh::flabbynsick:

Folks I grew up watching reaching the end of their careers (Revis, Wade, Melo, etc) :gucci:

People younger than me are professional athletes now:flabbynsick:

I'm only 20 years old I couldn't imagine how y'all old ass brehs feel.

I remember when Dirk was in his prime. I was a big Mavs fan with him nd Nash back then. I used to give my cousins hell back in the day on NBA Live 98 with that Mavs squad :flabbynsick: (pre-online)

giphy.gif

Or was it the Nets?

Daps
I remember like yesterday All Day's historic MVP '12 season, now he just got dropped.

You right man, and it gets even faster after 21.
LOL nah dude you're just older and time feels like it's moving faster the older you get since it's a smaller fraction of your total lifespan as the years rack up. It's science (unlike the flat earth theory) :yeshrug:

TrillaMonsoon

Fun God
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Nation Of Fun
Man, it's fukking me up seeing dudes I was cheering for and had jerseys of, now their kids are in the league. :mjcry:

Glenn Robinson, Tim Hardaway, the baseball pitcher Tom Gordon got two kids in the MLB system.

Now I recognize all the assistant coaches and remember their careers and knowing they are coaching because they were bench/role players in their sports :mjcry:

I've seen players full careers. Still remember them as their prime selves and have blocked out their :flabbynsick: selves. It's rough brehs. It's just wild knowing people 10 years younger than you could serve you up in a sport you played your whole life :mjcry:

Daps
grew up watching the raptors w my parents during the chris bosh era... when he left for miami i wasn't even mad bc our whole team and organization at that time was straight up asscheeks. was happy af for him when he won those two ships w bron and wade. cried my ass off when i heard he had bloodclots :sadbron:. watching his tnt debut as an analyst the other night had me :mjcry:

bxrfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Memphis Grizzlies/Auburn Tigers
I don't think watching sports is gonna be the same when everyone will be younger than me

My dad's always been like "I've already seen the best players play in my lifetime" and doesn't pay attention to sports outside of casual viewing. I'm starting to understand why he's like that now. I've grown up with and looked up to a lot of these ball players but I can't look up to or admire someone that's younger than me, that's just a weird feeling.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Man, it's fukking me up seeing dudes I was cheering for and had jerseys of, now their kids are in the league. :mjcry:

Glenn Robinson, Tim Hardaway, the baseball pitcher Tom Gordon got two kids in the MLB system.

Now I recognize all the assistant coaches and remember their careers and knowing they are coaching because they were bench/role players in their sports :mjcry:

I've seen players full careers. Still remember them as their prime selves and have blocked out their :flabbynsick: selves. It's rough brehs. It's just wild knowing people 10 years younger than you could serve you up in a sport you played your whole life :mjcry:
People nowadays only think of Jeff Van Gundy as a commentator. I remember him as New York's last good coach and hanging onto Zo's leg during the Knicks/Heat brawl. :mjcry:

I remember watching the Tigers field a team of has beens like Fred Lynn, Frank Tanana and Doyle Alexander growing up. Those guys are in their 60s now. :damn:

Phil Jackson still had dark hair when I was a kid. :wow:

The Lions won a playoff game when I was a kid. Still hasn't happened since. :to: