It’s A Splash Bros Reunion! Are You Kuminga To The Poole Party? Warriors 2022 Season Thread

Daps
My Stan goggles may be clouding my judgement but I truly think we can make a deep run in the West. There is no overpowered juggernaut in our way.

@Gil Scott-Heroin may have to give me props in a few months :mjlit:
They can definitely make a deep run in the West, I don't think that was ever in question. I've already stated they'll beat the Suns, but realistically winning a title, I don't see that in their immediate future. The team's weaknesses will rear their ugly head eventually.

It would take a cotdamn miracle and would honestly be one of the most improbable title wins ever if they were to end the season with the Larry O'Brien.

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
They can definitely make a deep run in the West, I don't think that was ever in question. I've already stated they'll beat the Suns, but realistically winning a title, I don't see that in their immediate future. The team's weaknesses will rear their ugly head eventually.

It would take a cotdamn miracle and would honestly be one of the most improbable title wins ever if they were to end the season with the Larry O'Brien.
Even if they lose in the western conference finals or the NBA Finals I think the season should be considered a success. Players like Poole, Kuminga and Moody will gain valuable playoff experience and will be better versions of themselves next season.

Basically I think you’re criticism is a year too early. If the Warriors aren’t serious contenders next year then I will feel the same way as you.

Daps
Even if they lose in the western conference finals or the NBA Finals I think the season should be considered a success. Players like Poole, Kuminga and Moody will gain valuable playoff experience and will be better versions of themselves next season.

Basically I think you’re criticism is a year too early. If the Warriors aren’t serious contenders next year then I will feel the same way as you.
The problem with this is, Dray, Klay and Steph aren't getting any younger. We don't know what state the three will be in next season (Dray's body is already giving out on him). These versions of them are better now than they will be next season, so this is the time that should be maximised to make the most of their remaining time left. This season was all the more important to get right as it will be TWO years in a row now they've essentially wasted. When you have two generational franchise pieces like Steph and Dray, you do NOT waste a second; this organisation has wasted seconds, minutes, hours, days, months and years.

You may not see it right now, but in 5, 10 years, you'll realise how much of a mistake it was not surrounding those three with enough help to win a championship.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
What’s the official word on Steph?

nervous-sports.gif

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope my words don't come back to haunt me but I would much rather play Denver than Minny first round, especially with the uncertainty around Steph

aceboon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
what is up with the Warriors and reporting injuries? I don't ever recall them mentioning he had a bone bruise, yet it was included in yesterday's update. Compare the 4/1 update to the update from yesterday:

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Hope my words don't come back to haunt me but I would much rather play Denver than Minny first round, especially with the uncertainty around Steph
I feel the same. I don’t feel super confident in the warriors against most of the playoff teams to be honest. Funny enough one of the teams I do feel confident against is the suns :yeshrug:

Chabot College

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Hayward, CA
I feel the same. I don’t feel super confident in the warriors against most of the playoff teams to be honest. Funny enough one of the teams I do feel confident against is the suns :yeshrug:
To be fair, you low key always have a pessimistic outlook until proven otherwise. Remember when Poole struggled at the beginning of the season and you said he was crowned too early with preseason hype.