It’s a damn shame how the fukked up GI Joe.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Basically a military/spy version of the fast and furious franchise

Thats what they did and thats why it was cheesy lol. They should probably look more so at the Captain America movies for tone.

too much real fukkery with technology these days
I think it would work better if a reboot was based in the 80s

I agree,and probably say maybe even a little bit earlier. To a time where American patriotism was over the top and wouldnt be seen as inherently cheesy. Thats why I said look at Captain America. Plus the tone is a little more serious than F & F and certain other Marvel films.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
It's a shame that studio try so fukcing hard to reimagine classic material.

No one thinks: I hope they make a movie out of this IP I loved since childhood. Hope they make it totally different though and totally ignore the source material.

It's extra dumb when you think about it. If people like GI Joe then just use the stuff they already like.

Basing it directly off the cartoon series would be such a good and simple idea

That’s why I’m glad they never green lit that Voltron movie :mjlol:

Diunx

Probably drunk
Daps
Reppin
nightset
I actually loved the first movie, it was like a real life cartoon, fun action, fantastic casting, fun over the top characters.

The second one wasn't as fun and haven't check the ninja shyt because it looks like it took itself too seriously.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
haven't check the ninja shyt because it looks like it took itself too seriously.

it did and it didn't.

it has a subplot right out of GI Joe

but the main plot about Snake Eyes plays itself a little too seriously...plus Henry whatever his name can't be taken seriously as fukking snake eyes in any capacity.

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's weird how GI Joe in general isn't a bigger franchise, especially compared to Transformers.

The last GI Joe animated series last aired over a decade ago, and I haven't seen GI Joe toys on shelves since the movies.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
As a collector, they still pump out GI Joe toys. And they actually finally made transforming Transformers that are compatible with the old Gi Joe toys. Megatron turns into a Cobra Hiss tank and comes with the Baroness and Bumblebee turns into the Awe striker with Stalker. As far as movies, Snake Eyes was suppose to start off the new cinematic universe but it did poorly at the box office so I dunno where they going with it next. Right now GI Joe as a whole is niche collectors thing. Not as popular as my beloved Transformers but well respected..

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
They fail because they try to make it more than it is. It's a host of interesting and unique military characters achieving a mission. You just let them play off one another.

Hell, Predator did it. Aliens did it. More recently Expendables