Italian teenager Carlo Acutis to become first millennial Catholic saint after second miracle attributed to him

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Born in London, he grew up in Milan where he managed the website for his parish and later a Vatican-based academy. He also used his computer skills to create an online database of Eucharistic miracles around the world.
brehs are getting martyred in Africa - and he becomes a saint for being a web developer??

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
HOW did he heal those people? Im not seeing details.. Yet couldn't heal himself
I don't think it works like that. That was his human life and he wasn't a saint. Jesus did miracles and couldn't get himself off the cross.

Rozay Oro

2 Peter 3:9 if you don’t know God
Supporter
Daps
brehs are getting martyred in Africa - and he becomes a saint for being a web developer??
Yes martyrs in Christ are instantly saints. St Moses The Ethiopian was martyred in old age as an Abbot in his monastery.

Roman Catholicism is schism though.

• Dap
Reactions: MMS

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I don't think it works like that. That was his human life and he wasn't a saint. Jesus did miracles and couldn't get himself off the cross.
What do you mean he couldn’t get himself off the cross? He went along to fulfill prophesy.

• Dap

Buddy

Keep my name out of it
Bushed
Daps
What do you mean he couldn’t get himself off the cross? He went along to fulfill prophesy.
I'm just trying to think from what the Catholic point of view might be. Likewise they probably see him fulfilling sainthood

Rozay Oro

Supporter
Daps
I'm just trying to think from what the Catholic point of view might be. Likewise they probably see him fulfilling sainthood
I won’t be talking about the Roman Catholicism point of view. They have been schism for many centuries. Just keep innovating. Lord have mercy on them.

I will discuss in terms of [Orthodox] Christianity. Saints that are layman, are usually just martyrs for Christ. St Peter the Aleut for example. Even those today who are martyred around the world.

As far as when alive if they were not clergy, they would be “fools for Christ” like St Xenia of St Petersburg. She did miracles in her life time.

Monk like St Paisois, more recent. Passed away in 1994. Layman would visit him and he would know their names and life before they opened their mouth to ask for guidance.

For clergy like St John of Shanghai and San Francisco who passed in 1966.

• Dap