Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CA
I get why this won game of the year.

Art
Story
Dialogue
All on point. Very funny, over the top on purpose. The actors pull off the lines so they sound like a fighting married couple. The talking book is corny but it works. And there's no weird dialogue breaks that videogames usually have. It all flows like dialogue is supposed to.

Making a co-op game that is simple but engaging that's impressive
Making you have to think a bit to work together that's smart
Coming up with so many different ways of having players work together that's genius.
There is a section where they legit make you play a Diablo clone.
There's shooting, platforming, on rails platforming, steering a raft, steering a pirate ship, a brief street fighter segment.

They give you opportunities to play mini games against your partner.
They give you opportunities to straight up kill your partner:mjlol:

I can go on on and on but you get the point. It's amazing to see one game do so many things have it all fit together and make a cohesive videogame that you have to play together.
Teamwork isn't new in videogames. But a lot of team work games can be solo'd or just ran through with an OP team.
This game requires teamwork it furthers the theme and story and the gameplay.
Also if you bought it you got a free pass for someone else. That deserves some recognition alone.
I cannot believe a game like this came out. I can't believe EA funded a game like this and it came out so well.
My only gripe is its a little too long. But they give you a lot to play.

If you haven't played this check it out.

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
Can you play with randoms or you have to play with a friend/local?

my dumbass bought no way out a few years ago :francis:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
It was bold for folks to vote this GotY at the awards show, but even more so for the team to have put out a game like this. I hate that the co-op only angle may prevent people from giving it a chance but it doesn't work without it. The gameplay isn't anything novel and kinda superficial actually. But the collaboration it requires among two players is something we rarely see these days. Think Journey or Mario Party. I remember being a kid playing SMB3 with my cousins, trying to figure out how to beat that shyt. It reminds me of that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It was bold for folks to vote this GotY at the awards show, but even more so for the team to have put out a game like this. I hate that the co-op only angle may prevent people from giving it a chance but it doesn't work without it. The gameplay isn't anything novel and kinda superficial actually. But the collaboration it requires among two players is something we rarely see these days. Think Journey or Mario Party. I remember being a kid playing SMB3 with my cousins, trying to figure out how to beat that shyt. It reminds me of that.

I also think the story/themes make is kind of awkward to play with just your boys or whatever. Like I’m not trying to hit my nikkas up like yo lets play it takes two, you gotta be the chick though :dame:

breakfuss

#SHAMBLES
Supporter
Daps
I also think the story/themes make is kind of awkward to play with just your boys or whatever. Like I’m not trying to hit my nikkas up like yo lets play it takes two, you gotta be the chick though :dame:
Man, absolutely. I imagine it's :dame: without a partner of the opposite sex or maybe a kid to play it with. At the same time it's such a fantastic game it might require putting some of that shyt to the side, idk lol.