IT Certifications and Careers (Official Discussion Thread)

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Whose on Sharepoint up in here?

My Co-Worker always tells me to learn it, he says his girl makes 96K in Seattle just doing sharepoint. She dumb as rocks.

I want to learn but don't know where to start.

We deploy some of our reports to sharepoint. I think yo man was lying because sharepoint ain't nothing but a fukking Web server for communication lol. You post a report and send everyone the link lol.

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Who in here has pearl or shell scripting skills? PM me

Need help putting a script together to run a query on a database. I'm sure my SQL statement is correct but something in the syntax is fukking things up

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
What is your title if you don't mind?

I don't think I can stomach becoming a programmer but the IT jobs interest me. What is the job hierarchy for IT ?

My plan is to get a 2 year degree in information systems and get A+ , security + ... Is this this respectable in your opinion?

Thanks for the insight i really appreciate it

there is really no one job hierarchy other than everyone makes their start in IT in a support role...where you end up in IT depends on 1) what in IT interests you 2) what are the thing you need to make it happen after you do the research. It is very vast and you can make good money if you got the will and the way. how fast you want to get to get paid depends on how much effort and time you put in. thats real talk

and yes getting a degree in IS and certs is respectable

krexzen

All Star
Daps
here's a easy one for yall....print out the items in the list that have the first character 'o' or the last character 'o'

show code

List someStringList = new ArrayList<String>();
someStringList.add("one");
someStringList.add("two");
someStringList.add("three");

:smile:

I thought it would be neat to try this one using Java. It's been a while since I used Eclipse, Visual Studio has really spoiled me.

public static void main(String[] args) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

ArrayList<String> someStringList = new ArrayList<String>();

for(int i = 0;i <= someStringList.size()-1; i++)
{
if (someStringList.get(i).startsWith("o") || someStringList.get(i).endsWith("o"))
{
System.out.println(someStringList.get(i));​
}​
}​
}

Last edited:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
I thought it would be neat to try this one using Java. It's been a while since I used Eclipse, Visual Studio has really spoiled me.

public static void main(String[] args) {
// TODO Auto-generated method stub

ArrayList<String> someStringList = new ArrayList<String>();

for(int i = 0;i <= someStringList.size()-1; i++)
{
if (someStringList.get(i).startsWith("o") || someStringList.get(i).endsWith("o"))
{
System.out.println(someStringList.get(i));
}
}
}

good job my boy...but write that for loop a lil more efficient for me :sas2:

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

My Co-Worker always tells me to learn it, he says his girl makes 96K in Seattle just doing sharepoint. She dumb as rocks.

I don't know Sharepoint, but I know there's a Microsoft cert for it. Look into that and then study for it. Also, I think there's a CBT nuggets series on Sharepoint.

Hahahaha

All Star
Daps
I'm switching into management soon. Has anyone taken any of the ITIL exams besides Foundation? Think I might go down that path just hoping it's not horribly boring.

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL

it's true they make a lot of money i dont understand it tho. when i was an intern during my undergrad they put me on a project where i had to do some shyt using sharepoint (having never done it before)
it's pretty straight forward, i was decent a few weeks in. i always thought that shyt was retarded
i was randomly looking at jobs in chicago a week or so ago and saw a listing for a 'sharepoint business analyst'.. salary range was 90k-110k :manny:

FreshFromATL

Self Made
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Tableau Software hosting a meeting today at the W (on Peachtree) at 1:30. Any ATL brehs going? Supposed to be a lot of BI Developers in the building. My team from work going...

semtex

:)
Daps
here's a easy one for yall....print out the items in the list that have the first character 'o' or the last character 'o'

show code

List someStringList = new ArrayList<String>();

:smile:
For(String s: someStringList)
{

if(s.charAt(0)=='o' || s.charAt(someStringList.size())=='o')
{

System.out.println(s);​
}​

}