Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Women on Twitter are ALL in their feelings :mjlol:

Some wrote a couple of articles and think pieces. One piece LITERALLY said that "building" with black men is fruitless for Black Women because the man will most likely stay with someone like Issa while he's broke and then get with someone like Tasha when he gets his swag back..

Like Lawerence didn't SPECIFICALLY tell Issa that he was sorry and was going to get his shyt together, did EXACTLY that, only to get cheated on:martin:

The logic with SOME of these women (NOT all) is deplorable

Apparently he's supposed to be okay with his girlfriend getting long daddy dikked by her high school boyfriend while he's struggling to make it happen for them :pachaha:

All context is lost on them.

BBG

Superstar
Daps
biggest crush on her. was so glad when lawerence smashed. :ohlawd:
My homie theorized that that might've just been Issa imagining it, and it may not have actually happened... Considering the power of female intuition and the fact that Issa has several scenes of her imagination (things that didn't actually happen) homegirl may be right :martin: if he takes her back and didn't even smash Tasha he a sucker and the writers are letting the male viewers down

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
My homie theorized that that might've just been Issa imagining it, and it may not have actually happened... Considering the power of female intuition and the fact that Issa has several scenes of her imagination (things that didn't actually happen) homegirl may be right :martin: if he takes her back and didn't even smash Tasha he a sucker and the writers are letting the male viewers down

man you not the first person I heard say that. I hope they don't cop out like that.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Does Issa even know Tasha? I don't recall them meeting, therefore she couldn't have imagined her specifically.

Diddly Drogba

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#FreeEva
lawrence friend that's engage dbe having me :dead: nikka gotta be a retired pimp.

issa didn't imagine anything. wasnt the bed was messed up? did he fukk tasha in the apartment?

Last edited:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
I can't believe I slept on this show. I binge on this show last month.

These sisters are fine as hell :whew:

This show >>>>>Girls :scusthov:

Black shows gotta go twice as hard to be half as good. You know this. The writing on Girls seems so trivial and shallow compared to Insecure. You know Lena Dunham watched this and knew her show wasn't shyt in comparison.

Rich Spirit

#LeveledUp
Daps
Reppin
houston.
Finished watching season 1 last night. Great writing and acting. Tasha got some nice titty meats :takedat: figured Lawrence was gonna smash as soon as he found out about Issa and Daniel.

Molly is a fiend :mjlol:

Gonna hit up a watch party tomorrow for season 2.