Issa Rae’s Emmy Winning Series: Insecure Official Thread

ahomeplateslugger

Superstar
Daps
good episode. daniel's ego is gonna be his downfall and that law firm is a step back for molly.

gonna be interesting to see what happens with issa and we got y'all.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
Issa shirt game is off this season...she use to have the dope suggestive t-shirts first 2 seasons......i gotta agree that takin Lawrence out this season just ruined the vibe....:francis:

as a person who's worked in the corporate world for years I can attest to the whole Black owned firms have way more cutbacks than white firms......i felt for Molly on this one....:francis:

wtf is going on in that tv show that plays in the background at the laundromat?.....the credits said Bill Bellamy guest starred and I was like where/when??....then i had to rewind and look real close at the show on the tv in the back...:heh:

RennisDeynolds

I am untethered and my rage knows no bounds!
Daps
Reppin
Paddys Pub
Finally caught up on the first two episodes. Premiere was really good, second ep was cool.

fukk was that bytch thinking at We Got Y'all going off on Issa like that :hhh:? When all the workers told her the whole shyt was racist :russ:. Party Lyft kept the jokes coming in

I don't really mind Issa and Daniel dating arc, but I don't really care for the music storyline. Got that dude who played Zendaya brother on that Disney kids show acting like a rapper :comeon:

I always say it but this show is the best depiction of work life and relationships. The friendship between Molly and Issa is really great

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Damn Daniel messing up with Issa and Khalil :francis:. I thought they might do something like his friend being a snake and taking credit for his beat, but it seemed like he was just trying to give him advice on what Spyda liked.

When Khalil saw him play the Norwegian flute version :gucci:. I get Daniel having artistic integrity, but he ain't making beats for Talib Kweli or Common :skip:. Issa seems to be right about getting in the door first and then doing his own thing. At least he doesn't have to worry about her leaving crumbs in the bed anymore :scust: or getting locked out of the apartment back to back.

When the new recruit asked Issa if she really liked her job because she's been there so long

Issa :mjcry:- I've been there too.

Molly getting too comfortable cracking jokes too soon

Molly: Why we always on CP time?:mjpls:

Co-worker: :usure: Actually we normally get started w/out him while he takes a call.

you're NOT "n!ggas"

FKA ciroq drobama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Astronomy (8th light)
Just caught the first season ep and I'm not worried about any spoilers so I have a slight sense of where things are going so far. I just find it funny that Issa went from a long term relationship with a breh struggling to build his dream in tech to another cat in the exact same position-- only in music.

Whatever he said to her tonight can't be worse than "You were just an itch I needed to scratch" and "I'm here because you're close to work" :yeshrug:

Last edited:

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
I'm more curious about Tiffany's potential infidelity than whatever they're trying to do with Daniel at the moment. Are they gonna go further into that, or will that just be left to the viewer's interpretation from last season?

Critics saying this is the best season yet, but so far I ain't feeling it. Maybe Lawrence really was the spark plug. :ufdup:

RubioTheCruel

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Critics saying this is the best season yet, but so far I ain't feeling it. Maybe Lawrence really was the spark plug. :ufdup:

Yeah I really don't see that. As a matter of fact, I think the show's gotten progressively worse as it's gone along. Season 1 was excellent, Season 2 was really good, Season 3 is OK so far. The show is just plain different now.