Is Three Six Mafia The Most Influential Hip Hop Act To Ever Come Out Of The South??

Sankofa Alwayz

#FBADOS #B1 #D(M)V #KnowThyself #WaveGod
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Girl County, MD
Three Six Mafia is the most influential group ever in hip hop history

they had the sound since the late 80s and the entire rap game has been centered around it for over a decade, the entire modern rap is based on three six mafia, the beats and the subject matter starting with crunk

Three Six Mafia started crunk music with that tear the club up

then the Atlanta nikkaz stole and it ran with it, as you can see Memphis has always been the real south, all black music comes from memphis off spring of the detla blues so it's only natural it would be the same with hip hop.

Three Six Mafia gave birth to multiple eras beginning with the crunk era, Lil Jon was basically Three Six Mafia rated PG-13

They started the lean shyt with iconic sipping on syrup, nikkaz was not doing these type of drugs back then

Three 6 Mafia, UGK (Underground Kingz), Project Pat - Sippin On Some Syrup (video) - YouTube

how Wayne influential when he on that styrofoam cup buz of Three Six

When Future who's nick name was Dogfood or some goofy ass shyt at the time while he was ironing the dungeon family members clothes, Three Six was the real hard on hoes

Project Pat - Don’t Save Her - YouTube

listen to these country rap tunes, goddamn it:whew: shyt all still fire them beats still fire

even trap music, young Jeezy type of music is a three six offspring
Project Pat - Raised In the Projects (Video) - YouTube

and of course before any of they cave birth to Horrorcore, which was taken over by cacs

Lord Infamous- Devil shyt - YouTube

of course the drill music, Three Six invented that and got classics
Triple six mafia - Mask and Da Glock - YouTube
the EVIL DEMONIC music started with them, their name use to be Triple Six Mafia, and talked about devil worshipper, horrorcore

They the kings of this shyt, everything out today is built upon everything they did, the shyt insane

@IllmaticDelta Ever considered making a thread on Memphis and its contributions and origination of Crunk, Trap music, and Horrorcore?

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
NO. Simply put. And people really misstep with the influence arguments because ya'll limit influence to sound-a-likes and what not. Geto Boys is definitely the most influential act to ever come out of The South. Nobody sounds like Geto Boys, but many cite them as inspirations even all the way down to pioneering horrorcore.
People just sharked Triple Six.. That’s not influence, you just stole from them lol. I’ll say it again though, 808’s and certain sounds together will never die though so that’s how Triple Six won in my opinion. They COULD have and SHOULD have been bigger than they were before they made it but they weren’t for whatever reason.

Last edited:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
the drums
the hihats
the triplet flows
the synths
the haunting samples
the tempos
the chopped and screwed infusion into beats/hooks (YEAHHH HOE!)

crunk
trap

definitely

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People are really giving Three Six credit for lean and chopped/screwed. There is a reason why DJ Screw was DJ Screw. Screwed music existed before people even knew who Three Six was. Screw music went hand in hand with lean. That was a whole sub culture within itselfThere were screwed hooks in Hip Hop before "riding Three Six in order to give them their flowers" became a thing.

Haunting samples? That's not really a Three Six thing and more Memphis and you could argue Bone Thugs here, but most won't because Bone isn't as relevant. Best believe if any Bone member had the kind of solo resurgence that Juicy J did, people would be praising them too.

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People are really giving Three Six credit for lean and chopped/screwed. There is a reason why DJ Screw was DJ Screw. Screwed music existed before people even knew who Three Six was. Screw music went hand in hand with lean. That was a whole sub culture within itselfThere were screwed hooks in Hip Hop before "riding Three Six in order to give them their flowers" became a thing.

Haunting samples? That's not really a Three Six thing and more Memphis and you could argue Bone Thugs here, but most won't because Bone isn't as relevant. Best believe if any Bone member had the kind of solo resurgence that Juicy J did, people would be praising them too.
lol why not just quote me

i didnt give 36 credit for chopping and screwing. But they infused it in their music as opposed to making a whole song chopped and screwed. And i imagine theyre the first to do it outside of HTown. That's the difference. Take your hate elsewhere nikka

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
lol why not just quote me

i didnt give 36 credit for chopping and screwing. But they infused it in their music as opposed to making a whole song chopped and screwed. And i imagine theyre the first to do it outside of HTown. That's the difference. Take your hate elsewhere nikka

That's the point, you're assuming. People had screwed hooks before Three Six was doing it even outside of Houston. You imagining them being the first to do it doesn't make it fact. The Runners (production crew from Miami, FL) had an entire style doing screwed hooks:

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's the point, you're assuming. People had screwed hooks before Three Six was doing it even outside of Houston. You imagining them being the first to do it doesn't make it fact. The Runners (production crew from Miami, FL) had an entire style doing screwed hooks:

Songs from 2005? 2006? Youre an idiot.

I'm talking 90s shyt. you clearly dont listen to three six. fukk outta here

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Songs from 2005? 2006? Youre an idiot.

I'm talking 90s shyt. you clearly dont listen to three six. fukk outta here

Breh even in the 90's they weren't the first on that wave:

Stop standing so hard and face facts. This was 1993 and that album was definitely a bigger deal than the Three Six tracks you posting in here.

Tribal Outkast

Veteran
Daps
Breh even in the 90's they weren't the first on that wave:

Stop standing so hard and face facts. This was 1993 and that album was definitely a bigger deal than the Three Six tracks you posting in here.

All this thread is showing me is that Tennessee didn’t get the props they deserved. Ball and G did good early, but Triple Six definitely didn’t get what they deserved til way late. Which in turn means THE SOUTH DIDN’T GET THE PROPS THEY DESERVED FOR WHAT WAS GOING ON IN THE EARLY 90’S. We always knew that heavy bass with certain sounds worked, other people were on that other shyt lol. Again I think this is a case of people stealing from Three Six than influence. The shyt sounded good then and it sounds good now:yeshrug: