Is Three Six Mafia The Most Influential Hip Hop Act To Ever Come Out Of The South??

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
are they even more influential than Outkast, Geto Boys, UGK, Wayne, DJ Screw, T.I, Jeezy, Gucci Mane etc.?

they lowkey had a massive influence on the entire soundcloud rap scene and are the true architects of trap. I would say in terms of impact on today's generation, they are the most influential rap group from the 90's ever, regardless of coast :wow:

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
NO. Simply put. And people really misstep with the influence arguments because ya'll limit influence to sound-a-likes and what not. Geto Boys is definitely the most influential act to ever come out of The South. Nobody sounds like Geto Boys, but many cite them as inspirations even all the way down to pioneering horrorcore.

Pseudo

All Star
Daps
That entire Memphis scene tbh.
In fact a strong argument can be made for them being the most influential Hip hop act of all-time

Underground Vol. 1: 1991-1994 is the blueprint for Hip-Hop from the mid 2000's onwards . Sooooo many sub-genres spawned from that tape

28 Gramz

How U Luv That???
Daps
Reppin
Tre-4,North Carolina
That entire Memphis scene tbh.
In fact a strong argument can be made for them being the most influential Hip hop act of all-time

Underground Vol. 1: 1991-1994 is the blueprint for Hip-Hop from the mid 2000's onwards . So many sub-genres spawned from that tape

Exactly. This isn't really close. The runner up would probably be Cash Money/Hot Boyz they brought that country stuntin/flex shyt to the limelight.

Bondye Vodou

Proud practitioner of the "High Science"
Daps
Up there with Lil Wayne and Scarface/Geto Boys

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
are they even more influential than Outkast, Geto Boys, UGK, DJ Screw, T.I, Jeezy, Gucci Mane etc.?

they lowkey had a massive influence on the entire soundcloud rap scene and are the true architects of trap. I would say in terms of impact on today's generation, they are the most influential rap group from the 90's ever, regardless of coast :wow:
Gets boys inspired all southern artist but as of late yes Memphis as a whole and triple 6 is all you here