Is this true that the Buddha was black?

Blackking

Banned
Supporter
Daps
well photography wasn't invented yet so we don't truly know. What we do know is that most great men in history - who were also spiritual - were also black or brown. I'm not exactly sure how us knowing about Buddha will help us now.

Anyway, we know that the original inhabitants of the area were black, more than likely they didn't think about it back then; but those people for many generations are what we would consider black. We don't have film and photographs... but we do have paintings and statues that show that his hair was kinkier than my hair, sometimes in cornrows n sh1t. Also most of the concepts of Buddhism started in Africa.

IVS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
In the sky
Buddhas were originally "black" and even white men like Godfrey Higgins, in his book Anacalypsis states this and offers evidence to support his claim. WEB Dubois even touched on the black presence in the far east and the phenotypes displayed in many cave temples and temples throughout the regions.

Please note that the Dalai Lama is a lamaist which is a Mongolian Shamanism, falsely labeled as buddhism.

PS: its very interesting that according to torah, the angel Samael's rode upon a serpent, and it was he who gave the gift of free will to Eve and Adam. The idea of angels (messengers of god) having vehicles is prevalent in hinduism. Temples like Deogarh depict very africoid looking figures riding celestial cows, elephants as well as a man seated upon a serpent. In addition to this a man is seated upon a lotus.
Another image of the serpent riding figure is seen in the depiction of Vishnu at Badami cave temple. At Badami one will also find the swastika, and people wearing animal mask (e.g. Lion, boar.) Similar depections of animal headed men are found in Egypt/Sudan ruins along with the swastika. One may also find people bearing crowns of serpents.

Fervid

Largest Member
Daps
I'm pretty sure that it doesn't really matter. He was human.