Is this the most ass backwards decision you've ever seen?

Dont@Me

šŸ˜”
Daps
yall speculating but don't even know what motivates this dudes decisions.
lot of yall are talking strictly about money as if that's the only factor in this dudes mind. You don't know, and I don't know.
You only have the outside looking in perspective.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
They have Paul George and Joel Embiid. They not getting a ring. :mjlol:

I don't pay attention to shyt in the off season; who knows what else philly cooking up.

if I was balling id rather be on philly than Mia tho going off last season:hubie:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
That is a major loss either way you cut it.

$8m a year for 4 years, as opposed to $13m per year, means that he loses $20m after 4 years.

At 32 years old, his next contract would have to make up for this $20m loss, plus the $13m lost by not taking the 5-year contract. That's a hole of $33m.

:francis: it's not a gamble on himself. It's accepting whatever he could get because he fumbled.
AAV for a role player will be significantly more in 4 years, it's a gamble for sure but he can make it up while being somewhere he wants to win at.

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
He must have really wanted to be in Philly unless his agent gave him bad advice. This new NBA 2nd tier apron is putting every team in check to be finically responsible. If his agent read the room right he would know to take the Miami deal. If he was looking for more $ down the line then he could have negotiated a player option.

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps
Not like he's hurting for money either way, but I'd like to know his decision making logic taking that big of a pay cut.

KGlock

All Star
Daps
Some people wanna win bro.
Heat been in the finals 2 of the last 5 years, and ECF 3 of the last 5. If he really wanted to win he could go play for the vet min in Boston/Nuggets. He lost money to go to a team that isn't even the favorites. All behind two perennial playoff underperformers :mjlol:

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
This the type of move i'd expect from a ringless future hall of famer. Not some depth player.
He's gonna look back on this when he's 60 years old and nobody remembers him, and think, man the extra 30 mill would sure be nice to have right now.
Nobody gonna care about him having a ring or not.