Is this how yall really feel about remakeS?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I never understood people who get mad at remakes as if new games don't come out afterwards.

RE2/3 remake>>RE Village
Demon Souls>elden ring
Pokemon Red Remake>New Open world Pokemon
Halo MCC>Halo 5, infinite
Uncharted Collection>UC4
Spider-Man Remastered>Miles/SM2

I can't think of a case that ONLY remastered games were being made with no new game releasing subsequently.

Almost every remaster or remake has a new game or IP following it. People just love to complain honestly.

And in some cases like Crash Bandicoot the remaster doing well is the reason the new game was made.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
There are a lot of games i loved growing up that i look at through rose tinted glassses that i just know i can’t play today. Even playing dragon age inquisition it felt super dated, much less something like KoTOR.

There are a lot of games I’d like to experience with the way I thought i remembered them rather than how they actually are, which is why i welcome remakes. Something like vagrant story just feels unplayable to me today without certain QoL improvements. Even just the way these older games cameras and UI aged make them way more difficult to play than need be. I like the idea of playing old games in theory but when i actually try i lose interest quickly after the brief hit of nostalgia wears of. It’s the same experience as when i went back to watch robocop 2 after 25 years.

xmyt66lirnn11.png

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Please stop posting that lame, unfunny MF.

On the subject, remakes/remasters are 95% lazy cash grabs. Stuff like Resident Evil 2 is the exception.