Is this a good laptop?

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Toshiba-S...essor-and-Windows-8-Operating-System/24534420

I have a Dell inspiron running windows vist:flabbynsick: had that shyt for mad years and its on its last legs...its going slower and slower man

is the laptop I posted any good? I don't need anything with crazy ass specs....just need something that will run my "Maschine" properly.....i'm feeling the touch screen on this and for 400 its not that bad

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Its definitely better than a dell inspiron, I bet a netbook would run faster at this point.

Do you NEED a touch screen? If so, then its not bad I guess...

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Toshiba build quality is shyt.

Head to eBay and get a used/refurbished ThinkPad T510

head shots101

North Bronx Blocks!!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx Blocks
Its definitely better than a dell inspiron, I bet a netbook would run faster at this point.

Do you NEED a touch screen? If so, then its not bad I guess...
nah I don't need a touch screen...shyt seems cool tho lol

Toshiba build quality is shyt.

Head to eBay and get a used/refurbished ThinkPad T510

I heard

Think pad?

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
nah I don't need a touch screen...shyt seems cool tho lol

I heard

Think pad?

Yeah brah.
  • They’re really cheap when you buy a used/refurbished one
  • Splash-proof keyboard
  • Keyboards feel excellent while typing
  • Great Durability
  • Matte design
  • Spare parts are easy and cheap to obtain
  • Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain
  • Efficient pointing device called the TrackPoint

606onit

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Passport Abuse
Yeah brah.
  • They’re really cheap when you buy a used/refurbished one
  • Splash-proof keyboard
  • Keyboards feel excellent while typing
  • Great Durability
  • Matte design
  • Spare parts are easy and cheap to obtain
  • Easy to repair, upgrade and maintain
  • Efficient pointing device called the TrackPoint
Im in the used/refurb PC-Laptop market right now....Looking to spend $325 or less for basics........Any other suggestions besides the ThinkPad?

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
Im in the used/refurb PC-Laptop market right now....Looking to spend $325 or less for basics........Any other suggestions besides the ThinkPad?
There are other versions of ThinkPads within that range but another good choice would be something from HP's EliteBook line. A used/refurbished 8440p would be in your price range.

Why EliteBook?

• Extremely strong magnesium-alloy lid construction which can withstand up to 1000lbs (450kg) of force
  • Dual Pointing Devices (Touchpad & Pointing Stick (TrackPoint alternative)
  • Night Light on earlier models (ThinkLight Alternative) and Backlit keyboards on newer ones
  • Spill resistant keyboard
  • Attractive and Modern All metal design
This one looks pretty good:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
There are other versions of ThinkPads within that range but another good choice would be something from HP's EliteBook line. A used/refurbished 8440p would be in your price range.

Why EliteBook?

• Extremely strong magnesium-alloy lid construction which can withstand up to 1000lbs (450kg) of force
  • Dual Pointing Devices (Touchpad & Pointing Stick (TrackPoint alternative)
  • Night Light on earlier models (ThinkLight Alternative) and Backlit keyboards on newer ones
  • Spill resistant keyboard
  • Attractive and Modern All metal design
This one looks pretty good:

HP's are garbage breh, you cannot diss Toshiba's build quality and big up HP's

Do you work for HP? :russ:

better off going with the thinkpad

Last edited:

villain

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
berlin
HP's are garbage breh, you cannot diss Toshiba's build quality and big up HP's

Do you work for HP? :russ:

better off going with the thinkpad

The EliteBook line are HP’s premium business range laptops. The build quality is way better than their consumer-grade laptops. They do run a little hot but if you reapply the thermal paste as soon as you get it it shouldn't get a problem.

Obama_and_Biden_await_updates_on_bin_Laden.jpg

every laptop in this room is an EliteBook

Dell, HP and Lenovo all make great business-grade laptops. Most people buy the consumer-grade lines and end up hating them because they're made like shyt.

@villain

I think I found a great HP EliteBook for $225

http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/sys/3996950848.html

Thanks. :obama:

That's a lot older than the one I linked and less powerful for only like $50 bucks less. You would be better off finding another eBay deal for the 8440p.

Last edited:

Smooth3d

All Star
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Tulsa,Ok
The EliteBook line are HP’s premium business range laptops. The build quality is way better than their consumer-grade laptops. They do run a little hot but if you reapply the thermal paste as soon as you get it it shouldn't get a problem.

Dell, HP and Lenovo all make great business-grade laptops. Most people buy the consumer-grade lines and end up hating them because they're made like shyt.

That's a lot older than the one I linked and less powerful for only like $50 bucks less. You would be better off finding another eBay deal for the 8440p.
Edit cheap consumer grades are made like shyt Hp and compaq especially. Here is a decent modern laptop for the op: Brand new only 3 left:
Another nice cheap laptop:

NormanConnors

Detroit/MSU Spartan Life
Daps
Reppin
Detroit

fair enough, my order would be lenovo, dell then HP, I agree with basic use only it should hold up, but i've seen them crap out quite a bit on the corporate and engineering level (high end machines to a lesser extent though)..to me HP is only the top dog business wise because they are cheaper and can produce more, Dell used to have the crown but couldn't keep up production.

didn't mean to go off topic though my bad.