Is there any logic to the one drop rule at all?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks didnt invent that "rule"...whites did. Even if you were of 99% European ancestry, whites would still consider you a niqqer slave because of that 1% of African heritage.

So now that black folks have the "ability" to claim another heritage so to speak, why should we? Why shouldnt we be proud to claim a heritage that for centuries the dominant class considered inferior, and which, supposedly, contaminated their "pure white blood"? If you dont understand that, then you have serious issues.

Actually that's what white people want, mixed people to be proud of black ancestry and just that.

Nothing is wrong with being proud to black, but if you are bi or multi-racial you should be proud of your other ancestry as well

Biologically speaking that's what you are, mixed raced.

The one drop rule makes no fukking sense

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
When the head of the NAACP looks like this you have problems.

220px-BenJealous.jpg
This is a joke? :wtf:

Black people keep racking up L's.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I want to say, you know there were white people in the NAACP and that founded the NAACP...but I know you already know that...so his complexion and hair shouldn't be a problem.

That picture posted is why the whole fukking concept of race is stupid. But its here, so you know what fukk it...I'm black and proud of that shyt...and if people wanna reject it for whatever reason than straight up fukk you.

If you wanna go by your ethnicity cool...but don't get mad when other folks look at you and treat you as black then you want to come running back for the support of black people.
The concept of race isn't stupid. Its when you start putting mixed people into one box and one box only, that's when it gets stupid.

fscballin

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blacks didnt invent that "rule"...whites did. Even if you were of 99% European ancestry, whites would still consider you a niqqer slave because of that 1% of African heritage.

So now that black folks have the "ability" to claim another heritage so to speak, why should we? Why shouldnt we be proud to claim a heritage that for centuries the dominant class considered inferior, and which, supposedly, contaminated their "pure white blood"? If you dont understand that, then you have serious issues.

your sick in the head man

I Lord Justice

All Star
Daps

:obama: top 5 poster.

Double J

Banned
Daps
If you put one drop of shyt in a glass of milk you wouldn't consider that glass of milk to be clean now would you? :mjpls:

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the logic is that black blood taints white blood. black people didn't invent it, white people did. consider yourself what you want, white people will consider you black and never ever let you be part of their group. if you don't want to be part of the group that is willing to accept you and embrace you as one of their own, that's on you :yeshrug:

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
I want to say, you know there were white people in the NAACP and that founded the NAACP...but I know you already know that...so his complexion and hair shouldn't be a problem.

That picture posted is why the whole fukking concept of race is stupid. But its here, so you know what fukk it...I'm black and proud of that shyt...and if people wanna reject it for whatever reason than straight up fukk you.

If you wanna go by your ethnicity cool...but don't get mad when other folks look at you and treat you as black then you want to come running back for the support of black people.

Ben Jealous on race

I’m black. You know, the only thing that we have, you know, the only definition that’s out there on the books, if you will, are state laws, and my family is from Virginia. When I was born it said, the law said that you had to be 1/32nd, excuse me, if you were at least 1/32nd of African descent, you were black, end of story. White was an exclusive definition, black was an inclusive definition. I do have biracial parentage but quite frankly…

Mixed Race Studies » Benjamin Jealous

You can read the rest there but as you can see his mindset is :flabbynsick: George Zimmerman is 1/8th black.

This is Nahla Berry(Halle Berry's daughter) who she considers black.

halle-berry-nahla-park-play.jpg

So when that little girl grows up I hope no black women get mad when biracial women are representing them in the media. When the best looking black female is half white and the first black president is half white it becomes tough to have pride in blackness.

This is Pete Wentz. The lead singer of Fall Out Boy. He's half-black.

pete-wentz-gabe-saporta-2011-mtv-vmas-14.jpg

What a good looking "brotha" he is. :stopitslime: Thank god he doesn't identify solely as black. The truth is the one drop rule has created a mulatto elite which is evident everywhere slaves were held. It's really evident in Caribbean countries like Haiti. From positions in government to entertainment they reign supreme.

your sick in the head man

He's a solid poster breh. Relax.

Luchini

Not here for you.
Daps
Yeah it makes black men feel less c00nish for putting mixed girls on a pedestal, other than that no

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Ben Jealous on race

You can read the rest there but as you can see his mindset is :flabbynsick: George Zimmerman is 1/8th black.

So when that little girl grows up I hope no black women get mad when biracial women are representing them in the media. When the best looking black female is half white and the first black president is half white it becomes tough to have pride in blackness.

What a good looking "brotha" he is. :stopitslime: Thank god he doesn't identify solely as black. The truth is the one drop rule has created a mulatto elite which is evident everywhere slaves were held. It's really evident in Caribbean countries like Haiti. From positions in government to entertainment they reign supreme.

Pete Wentz is part black!?! :krs:

#TeamMixed we winning :win:

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
Actually that's what white people want, mixed people to be proud of black ancestry and just that.

Nothing is wrong with being proud to black, but if you are bi or multi-racial you should be proud of your other ancestry as well

Biologically speaking that's what you are, mixed raced.

The one drop rule makes no fukking sense

Race is a social construct, and America has constructed racial designations to be acutely anti-black.

Acknowledging heritage/ethnicity/race or whatever is one thing. Identifying is another. Its difficult to identify with european decent here in America, when specific euro ethnicities: italian, scottish, english, irish, etc have been sublimated into one giant blob of "whiteness", which then erected a power structure against other groups. In other words, how does one identify with whiteness, when that side has so oppressively mistreated your other racial assignment for centuries?

Its not about what "white people want", its about personal sanity.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Yeah it makes black men feel less c00nish for putting mixed girls on a pedestal, other than that no

Bi-racial identity and colorism issues affects black men as well just differently. With women it's more blatant.

suzanne_malveaux_big_smile_8TKotujj.sized.jpg

n_mhp_11welfare_120901.jpg

holmes.amy.jpg

SoledadOBrien_H.JPG

:laff: at all the liberal stations using biracials to represent black women.

MikeBrownsJob

Daps
Reppin
Race is a social construct, and America has constructed racial designations to be acutely anti-black.

Acknowledging heritage/ethnicity/race or whatever is one thing. Identifying is another. Its difficult to identify with european decent here in America, when specific euro ethnicities: italian, scottish, english, irish, etc have been sublimated into one giant blob of "whiteness", which then erected a power structure against other groups. In other words, how does one identify with whiteness, when that side has so oppressively mistreated your other racial assignment for centuries?

Its not about what "white people want", its about personal sanity.

In other words, how does one identify with whiteness, when that side has so oppressively mistreated your other racial assignment for centuries?

:what: no is saying identify as white because that would factually incorrect as well. They are their own people. They are separate from white and black or black and asian. I can't identify with someone who has a white mom or dad or asian mom or dad no matter how many times they were called the n-word or racially profiled(hilarious most you guys only equate blackness with struggle or the shared experiences being negative but I'll play along).

There is societal benefit for a biracial person to identify as black. They are suddenly "exotic" in the black community. That's why you have negroes claiming Native Americans.

karim

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ben Jealous on race

actually, the mulatto elite is not a result of the one blood rule. it's the result of a divide and conquer technique of the colonialists in line with the op's thinking of mixed people being their own race. they would create a caste system and tell mulattos that, albeit still being inferior to white people, at least they were better than fully blacks. The Racial Caste System in Colonial Spanish Mexico | Pathways to Freedom in the Americas
that's why you have a mulatto elite in a lot of latin american countries. it's also why many latins are still obsessed with marrying up (as in some one lighter than themselves) "good hair" and denying their african heritage.
in the us, where they had the one blood rule, there is no such thing as a mulatto elite. you have black people and white people and that's about it.