Is there a portable device that plays ROMs that's not a phone?

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Honestly a hacked psp is the way to go. Can play anything up to and including ps1 games. You can buy one already hacked to where all u have to do is add roms from ebay for less then 100$.

Hacked 3ds would be the second best choice. Can't emulate ps1 though but u can play any ds/3ds games.

Id imagine were still 2-3 years out from a handhled that can emulate ps2 properly. Even though pcsx2 is damn near perfect at this point.

Last edited:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Any halfway modern tablet

While true that would also require a bluetooth controller. Not worth it when u can just put a psp or 3ds in your pocket and be on your way.

Sony PSP go 16GB Pearl White (CFW 6.61 PRO-C INFINITE) 711719851400 | eBay

Just make a offer I guarantee you the buyer will sell it at 100$. 16gb is more then enough if all u want is retro shyt (Snes/Genesis/GBA) If u looking to do ps1 and psp shyt 16gb is still cool you'll just have to switch out isos.

I missed my hacked psp man. Dropped my shyt coming out of a airplane :sadcam:

Switch hacking is the new shyt though. Im sure within a year thats gonna be the go to. Dolphin is already running on it.

Last edited:

Mandarin Duck

Majestic and Highfalutin
Daps
Reppin
Ponds
While true that would also require a bluetooth controller. Not worth it when u can just put a psp or 3ds in your pocket and be on your way.

Just make a offer I guarantee you the buyer will sell it at 100$. 16gb is more then enough if all u want is retro shyt (Snes/Genesis/GBA) If u looking to do ps1 and psp shyt 16gb is still cool you'll just have to switch out isos.

Switch hacking is the new shyt though. Im sure within a year thats gonna be the go to. Dolphin is already running on it.

Just made an offer.

Appreciate that.

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC

I thought you said dropped out of an airplane I had so many questions :skip:

Phillyrider807

Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
I thought you said dropped out of an airplane I had so many questions :skip:

Lmao naw. We just landed and i had too much shyt in my pockets already so i was holding my psp in the same hand i was holding my luggage. This big bytch bumped into me and that was the last time i had a working psp :sadcam:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
I don't know shyt about modern games but I loved all the retro games as a kid.

I even got a SNES mini.

Is there any portable device I can use to run emulators and play ROMs?
Any current phone that isn't some budget Wal-Mart shyt. Android or iOS. You can even Bluetooth a PlayStation controller to it.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Honestly a hacked psp is the way to go. Can play anything up to and including ps1 games. You can buy one already hacked to where all u have to do is add roms from ebay for less then 100$.

Hacked 3ds would be the second best choice. Can't emulate ps1 though but u can play any ds/3ds games.

Id imagine were still 2-3 years out from a handhled that can emulate ps2 properly. Even though pcsx2 is damn near perfect at this point.
:DAIGOCOFFEE:This information MUST be false considering Sony themselves do not have the necessary knowledge of wizadry and alchemy to emulate their previous consoles.
@MeachTheMonster @Fatboi1 @Rekkapryde @PS4

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Wait a minute you can play ROMs with a 3DS now too :ohhh:
I don't know shyt about modern day gaming :mjlol:
Hacked 3ds is the best, it can play everything prior to n64 and GBA, DS
Plus the XL is so comfortable in your hands
Don't get the regular sized one tho that shyt is too small for a grown ass man and will end up making your hands hurt
You can get a hacked one that plays roms on ebay for about $100, maybe more if you want games on it already
just search cfw 3ds xl on ebay should find one easily

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang

Yeah 2-3 years from the hardware and about 5-7 from a working emulator for the device
Ps2 is really tricky to emulate due to that hardware they used.
Might be faster due to pcsx2 paving the way for emulation and overcoming a lot of the hurdles