Is the Xbox Series S really worth getting?

Child_Of_God

Love is a long road.
Daps
Reppin
Washington D.C.
I got some extra money to spend and I wanted to use some of it to buy a next gen console but the PS5 and Series X is still sold out everywhere and the only console that’s available to buy right at this moment is the Series S.

It is really worth buying or should I continue to wait until the PS5 and Series X is restocked?

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
depends on what you want it for

i got a p5 and a series s, take the series s when im traveling for work and leave the 5 at the crib

im a real casual player so things like 4k and all that aren’t essential for me if im just chilling in a hotel and want to play something real quick, if youre not tripping about specs and just want that then the series s is a good look

if youre real serious and want to enjoy the full experience of a game w a good tv and all that then definitely wait for a p5 or series x, the difference between the tiers is noticeable

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I got some extra money to spend and I wanted to use some of it to buy a next gen console but the PS5 and Series X is still sold out everywhere and the only console that’s available to buy right at this moment is the Series S.

It is really worth buying or should I continue to wait until the PS5 and Series X is restocked?
Just having the disc drive and extra storage is worth holding out for the Series X. The S is limited to digital only and only has 512GB of storage.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I've said it in other threads but I love my series s. My series x stays home but this series s is small enough to take you wherever. Next gen gaming on the go
If you got a physical PS5 or XBSX that changes the dynamic. I buy a lot digital now but I would never want to be locked into digital only when you can end up finding games on sale and getting them cheaper physical.

mahnameizray

Pull Up.
Daps
Reppin
Yeshua’s Kingdom….BX here on Earth
If you got a physical PS5 or XBSX that changes the dynamic. I buy a lot digital now but I would never want to be locked into digital only when you can end up finding games on sale and getting them cheaper physical.

totally right. I don’t think about the physical game aspect cuz I’ve gone digital but I also have the x in case I need to pop a game in. In any case, before I got my x.....I loved it for the sheer portability and the easy access into next gen gaming.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

Everyone has an opinion, do you not value your own? If you have a TV capable of 4k/120 then get a series x and if not then the series s will be fine. They are beginning to get much better performance out of it and that will only improve as the dev kits mature.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Wait to get the Series X.

The S is a good secondary console for traveling.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's an option and not a bad one depending on your setup and how much you care about 4k and all digital boxes.

If you just trying to get away from last gen and you got a gang of games you want to play or try go for it.

If you think there will be any regret at all just wait for a series X