Is the wii/U virtual console the biggest scam in gaming?

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
The worst thing about it is that they're charging Wii owners to convert their games over to the Wii U. Which is something that could be easily avoided with an account system.
The way the way they've midhanled VC is probably the biggest disappointment in gaming in the last few years.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
i just looked on my Wii U and there's only like 8 games on the virtual console. i thought it was gonna get all the games the Wii got day one.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
When I first heard of virtual console I thought I'd have the entire snes and n64 library for cheap:bryan:

I was looking forward to turok 1 and 2, shadowman, and shyt, turns out they only release the poplar games

Champion

#RxLife #UCF #FAMU
Daps
Reppin
Chi-Town to Tampa
i just looked on my Wii U and there's only like 8 games on the virtual console. i thought it was gonna get all the games the Wii got day one.
They're starting all over :snoop:
And I believe there will be less games this time around.
can you play virtual console on the wii u gamepad screen yet ?
You've always been able to.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
They're starting all over :snoop:
And I believe there will be less games this time around.

You've always been able to.
i just further looked into this and apparently if you buy something from Nintendo digitally its tied to the hardware not an account. this effectively means a customer that buys a game on the 3DS virtual console (if one even exists) can't play that same game on the Wii U.

if i buy a PS1 classic like Final Fantasy IX i can play it on my PS3, i can play it on my Vita. i can transfer saves between the two and if my PS3 gets friend and i buy a new one i can re-download it and play it on that one.

apparently someone in the Nintendo brain farm was so stupid they didn't realize that people would like a unified account based system that allows for software portability. i'll likely never buy a single digital item from them now. i haven't yet but now i most definitely won't.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I was in Target wit my son over a week ago and we were in the electronics section and he played 2k13 on the wii u display. He was like :gladbron:

I was like :whoa::huhldup: "the ps4 will be out soon. I will gladly pay the extra cpl hunnid for the superior gaming system"

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
Every damn time I check the Wii shop they always add some random Japanese game I never heard of. Only thing I bought off of there was Tecmo Bowl. I'd say it's a scam off the price ranges compared to emulation, however some people just want the novelty of playing on a console.

I do all my emulation on a console right now...literally thousands of old school games...modded OG Xbox...

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Some Nintendo dikkrider I know posted a fb pic of mario world from his WII-U, trying to get likes.

I have 12 different versions of that game on my HTC Sensation right now and I didn't pay shyt :heh:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't have a problem paying for older games, but Nintendo is asking for too much in comparison to PSOne titles.