Is the "likeability" of main or supporting characters important for you to enjoy a show/film?

Likeability.....

• doesn't matter. Just make the story good and I'll enjoy.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • matters. What's the point of watching if I don't have anyone to root for?

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are any of the characters in The Bear likeable?

Everyone is a misfit to some extent and the stressful nature of the show shows them at their worst most of the time. It's a show where the primary draw is tension. There's often a sense of impending doom, and the resolution/release usually just sets the clock back, instead of dealing with the underlying problems.

They're all likeable.

Even Richie who you can't stand in the beginning becomes a sympathetic figure as his character arc unfolds. You see early on that he's not just an a$$hole and he's dealing with a failed relationship, failure as a father, not having purpose, and coping with the loss of his best friend.

That's the beauty of the show's storytelling. All the characters have personal struggles that are understandable and relatable by the time season 2 wraps up. You're invested because you want to see them turn it around and succeed.

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
That's the beauty of the show's storytelling. All the characters have personal struggles that are understandable and relatable by the time season 2 wraps up. You're invested because you want to see them turn it around and succeed.

I'm there for the food! And the cinematography, and the drama.

I don't find any of the characters likeable, or even relatable. None of the dudes, none of the females. The show is like Succession in the kitchen, except that the two main chefs are actually competent at what they do.