Is The Fresh Prince theme song the most recognizable hip hop song of all time?

Is The Fresh Prince theme song the most recognizable hip hop song of all time?

• fukk ya

Votes: 11 42.3%
  • fukk no

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 34.6%
  • Insert othet song here

Votes: 1 3.8%

• Total voters

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
I assume that Will Smith is more known internationally as a movie star than as a TV star. I think people abroad would be more familiar with his Men in Black theme song than the theme song of a TV show they never watched. Kind of like Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange). Dude is a movie star in the US, but more known for his TV roles by Brits.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I assume that Will Smith is more known internationally as a movie star than as a TV star. I think people abroad would be more familiar with his Men in Black theme song than the theme song of a TV show they never watched. Kind of like Benedict Cumberbatch (Dr. Strange). Dude is a movie star in the US, but more known for his TV roles by Brits.
Italian language theme song for Fresh Prince is posted in the thread. After he became a global box office star, his tv show got international distribution. In English speaking countries, and dubbed language in the others.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Yes, since people who don't even listen to hip hop know it word-for-word......even if they don't understand English.

:manny:
yeah really the only song you could ask a random to recite and they would know the words by heart. I've seen 70 year cacs rap this shyt.
i've seen koreans rap this shyt by heart, indians, etc.

Cakebatter

All Star
Daps
Italian language theme song for Fresh Prince is posted in the thread. After he became a global box office star, his tv show got international distribution. In English speaking countries, and dubbed language in the others.
I understand that. I think it comes down to which had more popularity in foreign countries, Men in Black or the Fresh Prince of Bel Air. Both had theme songs by Will Smith. My vote goes to that Men in Black track.

OsO

Souldier
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Off the top of my head:
1. Rappers Delight
2. LL Cool J "Mamma Said Knock you out"
3. Chorus to Snoop Dog's "What's my Name"
4. Kurtis Blow - "We're playing basketball"
5. Whodini - "Friends"
6. DMX - "Ryder's Anthem"

Edit: 7. Sir Mix A lot - Baby Got Back.
:yeshrug:

Name to post correlation A1.

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Yes

Also Ice Ice Baby - by insert middle finger, Walk this Way - by Run DMC, Can’t Touch This - Hammer, Keep Your Head Up - 2Pac, Whoops there it is - Tag Team, Make You Sweat - CC Music Factory, In the Club - 50 Cent, Lose Yourself - Eminem, fukk the Police - NWA, Fight the Power - Public Enemy, Juicy - Biggie, Dear Mama - 2Pac, Still Dre - Dr Dre (music only).

Last edited: